• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

******* investment banking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    ldn?

Ah I know what you mean. Let me help you. Its

london

There. That wasn't too difficult was it?
    Actually, it's "Larn-darn".

(Stroof, you arht-a-towners. Dhan't nah ah er say, nuffink, yooze dhant. )

Nomadd
    nomadd liked this post

Comment

ldn?

Ah I know what you mean. Let me help you. Its

london

There. That wasn't too difficult was it?
      London

How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
        London

Bloody pedant

Comment

Ironically you will find that many IBs use "LDN" in various server, application names etc. etc. that operate in or support - you guessed it - London business.

Comment

Bloody pedant
            Capital letter for a capital city. The rest of 'em can go hang.

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
            Ironically you will find that many IBs use "LDN" in various server, application names etc. etc. that operate in or support - you guessed it - London business.
            True, but you'll also find: L, LO, LON, LN.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              If you are so interested why not drop your rate to get started?
              to be honest I've never been particularly fussed about what sector I'm working in, more interested in what I'm doing rather than where. I guess IB rightly or wrongly just put more emphasis on prior business knowledge than technical experience.

Comment

One weekend recently I went home thinking I had been under reporting an AUM figure for the last 6 months to the tune of $40 billion, wondering how I was going to explain it I couldn't just slip it in to conversation , thinking my professional indem insurance of a couple of million wouldn't really cover it
                Last edited by Bumfluff; 17 August 2009, 22:31.

Comment

Originally posted by dozer View Post
                  apologies for my abbreviation, im constantly writing in acronyms and it seems to have translated to place names.
                  So "dozer" is an acronym for...?
                  This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
                    One weekend recently I went home thinking I had been under reporting an AUM figure for the last 6 months to the tune of $40 billion, wondering how I was going to explain it I couldn't just slip it in to conversation , thinking my professional indem insurance of a couple of million wouldn't really cover it
                    I wouldn't worry, obviously it is one of those reports no one looks at. Just put in a fix and shove it in a release.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
                      Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                      I wouldn't worry, obviously it is one of those reports no one looks at. Just put in a fix and shove it in a release.
                      Just ask the UK government for the $40bn, after all it's for a bank and they just love splashing out cash on banks.

Comment

Working...
                      X