• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I just need to get two references ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shingz View Post
    100% agree!! And Kite Consulting!
    Kite Consulting are terrible.

They ask you the usual crap, then claim they have been awarded the 'best in industry' in something and then ask for the old reference.

A well thought out '2 reference' scam.

Comment

Originally posted by blackeye View Post

They ask you the usual crap, then claim they have been awarded the 'best in industry' in something and then ask for the old reference.

Penta Consulting the same crap.

Comment

Got a call from G2 Recruitment (or some name like that) fishing for references.

Apparently their "client" wants them to submit references along with the application so I couldn't be put forward without them.

I refused to give references, saying that he was welcome to contact the previous agencies to validate my contracts, but I will not disclose names of anyone until after an interview.

First the agent tells me that the client is building a new algorithmic trading system, later on at the end of the call after I refused to give references I ask who the client is again and he responds with "Google"

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          This, I've actually come across a decent one as well. The market must be turning.
          Yes, they do exist. I am keeping note of who they are, and so do many clients.

Comment

Totally agree with this one. Kite Consulting - avoid!

Comment

Power Hour - rinse as many candidates for leads and manager names as possible in one hour with fake jobs. Candidates being reffered to as C***s.

I do alot of work with those guys who do you report into down there?

Where was your last interview? It was with "Google/Newlook..whoever" Who did you meet i do alot of work with those guys? Oh..I'm not telling you that.

No problem, but they are recruiting in 3 different departments. I can send your CV into the guys you have not seen, give you a few more chances. Okay, it was "John Smith.."

Fake Jobs - Every Single day mass emailed before 9, at 12, at 5, Any hour. By every person in the company - with no exception. Every day. All the time. General Rule of thumb - mass email jobs are fake. If they are not also advertised online that is. Then again, most jobs advertised online are also fake. Everything on that phonecall is not listened to, not cared about. Get to the manager names and leads. And get away. Everything is a lie. Some Jobs are real - there lies the problem.

Keep in touch with the good active candidates that are interviewing - keep in touch with them weekly - update them, become their friend, gain their trust. But Boss, none of my Jobs are real? Doesn't matter, Gain there trust and rinse them for everything. But what if they are desperate for work? Who cares. Money.

The more money you make the more money I make. lol. That isn't true. You work at £450 per day, the clients came back can only do £400. Should i just tell them you don't want it?.....The minimum you say is exactly what you get. The minimum and bottom line at this agency is 15% of your rate. Daily or Hourly. And anything extra that can be gained is fair game and straight in my pocket. We would do 40% if we could. Your job is to get our margin is close to the bottom as possible. All agencies differ on this bottom line.

Ring Ring. How's the English? Not great. Tell him I'm on another call. Vile.

Ring Ring. Is is a client? No, don't care. UNLESS, i need you.

Get a few details about the interview from them - project/rate/location/something. They won't give you it all.
              Someone else from the office will phone with a fake name and another agencies name saying they have a job with similar traits - you will fill in the blanks for them as it sounds just like your one.

Are recruiters really that horrible? Worse.

Where did you work? <mod snip>

I quit, I left, I cried I came across this and posted. All the best and good luck with them. Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Recruitment View Post
                Power Hour - rinse as many candidates for leads and manager names as possible in one hour with fake jobs. Candidates being reffered to as C***s.

I do alot of work with those guys who do you report into down there?

Where was your last interview? It was with "Google/Newlook..whoever" Who did you meet i do alot of work with those guys? Oh..I'm not telling you that.

No problem, but they are recruiting in 3 different departments. I can send your CV into the guys you have not seen, give you a few more chances. Okay, it was "John Smith.."

Fake Jobs - Every Single day mass emailed before 9, at 12, at 5, Any hour. By every person in the company - with no exception. Every day. All the time. General Rule of thumb - mass email jobs are fake. If they are not also advertised online that is. Then again, most jobs advertised online are also fake. Everything on that phonecall is not listened to, not cared about. Get to the manager names and leads. And get away. Everything is a lie. Some Jobs are real - there lies the problem.

Keep in touch with the good active candidates that are interviewing - keep in touch with them weekly - update them, become their friend, gain their trust. But Boss, none of my Jobs are real? Doesn't matter, Gain there trust and rinse them for everything. But what if they are desperate for work? Who cares. Money.

The more money you make the more money I make. lol. That isn't true. You work at £450 per day, the clients came back can only do £400. Should i just tell them you don't want it?.....The minimum you say is exactly what you get. The minimum and bottom line at this agency is 15% of your rate. Daily or Hourly. And anything extra that can be gained is fair game and straight in my pocket. We would do 40% if we could. Your job is to get our margin is close to the bottom as possible. All agencies differ on this bottom line.

Ring Ring. How's the English? Not great. Tell him I'm on another call. Vile.

Ring Ring. Is is a client? No, don't care. UNLESS, i need you.

Get a few details about the interview from them - project/rate/location/something. They won't give you it all.
                Someone else from the office will phone with a fake name and another agencies name saying they have a job with similar traits - you will fill in the blanks for them as it sounds just like your one.

Are recruiters really that horrible? Worse.

Where did you work? <mod snip>

I quit, I left, I cried I came across this and posted. All the best and good luck with them. Haha.

Haha Ouch!

Good first post. However if I was you i'd avoid saying where you worked though, who knows how secure your details are on this site?

There are thing I could say about old clients (far higher profile) but I would never mention names.

Comment

Haha Ouch!

Good first post. However if I was you i'd avoid saying where you worked though, who knows how secure your details are on this site?

There are thing I could say about old clients (far higher profile) but I would never mention names.
                  True enough (more about old employer security than this site security) - snipped to protect the guilty.

And allow him to come back and give more tidbits...
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

OK, now I'm annoyed. I'm new, so fair enough to want a reference from my last employer. I was there close on three years. Post offered. Now they want references from the one before that - tricky, given NHS restructures measured in rpm. We still must have a reference, we are Borg, you will be assimilated. Have told referees (who of course are also friends) to go ahead and slap them if they get sales calls as a result, with my apologies in advance for the inconvenience. I've also asked said referees to copy me in so I can recycle for next time, although another agency will still probably insist on fresh - I'm an optimist.

Hunter Healthcare, you made it past page 107. No further ...

Comment

Originally posted by caffiend View Post
                      OK, now I'm annoyed. I'm new, so fair enough to want a reference from my last employer. I was there close on three years. Post offered. Now they want references from the one before that - tricky, given NHS restructures measured in rpm. We still must have a reference, we are Borg, you will be assimilated. Have told referees (who of course are also friends) to go ahead and slap them if they get sales calls as a result, with my apologies in advance for the inconvenience. I've also asked said referees to copy me in so I can recycle for next time, although another agency will still probably insist on fresh - I'm an optimist.

Hunter Healthcare, you made it past page 107. No further ...
                      Have you read this thread?
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X