• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Veritas-IT - unpaid invoices.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Veritas-IT - unpaid invoices.....

I have unpaid invoices from Veritas-IT for the last few weeks.

Anyone else had the same problem? Apparantly their FD has just been sacked and they are short of cash at the moment. Not heard anything official though.

Today, nobody is answering the phones at their three offices.....

Does anyone have any information or had any problems?

THanks

I don't have any info but this sounds frighteningly like what happened with Futuro before they went into administration. Hope history doesn't repeat.

Windy
    Last edited by WindyAnna; 20 September 2007, 12:12. Reason: typo

Comment

Sorry guys, they are now in administration.....

Comment

Originally posted by brollyman View Post
        Sorry guys, they are now in administration.....
        Says who

Comment

Originally posted by funkyd View Post
          Says who
          they still have a long list (86) of ads on jobserve
          whats the lowest you can do this for?

Comment

Heard via the "grapevine" but seems reliable - I'll get the source and get back to you..

Comment

Originally posted by HankWangford View Post
              they still have a long list (86) of ads on jobserve
              Means nowt - same happened with Futuro. Really hoping for all Veritas contractors out there that it isn't true.

Comment

Originally posted by WindyAnna View Post
                Means nowt - same happened with Futuro. Really hoping for all Veritas contractors out there that it isn't true.
                didnt say it meant anything, was just a comment
                whats the lowest you can do this for?

Comment

Got this from itcontractor this morning:

Bust Agency

It looks like another agency Vertitas IT has collapsed.

One contractor told us:-

“I've been chasing payment for over a week. Eventually, I got through to someone at Veritas who said the company is in the hands of the banks and we (Veritsas IT) are going into Liquidation”.

He subsequently told us:-
                  “The client I'm working for have confirmed Veritas IT have gone into liquidation. Administrators will be at the Milton Keynes office from tomorrow”.

Correct

We have been told by a second source that it is correct and that it will all happen at the Milton Keynes office tomorrow.

What we don't know for now is if it is liquidation or administration or if it is voluntary or forced.

As readers here know the normal course of events for a voluntary administration is for the directors of the company in administration to but the assets (i.e. the contracts) from the friendly administrator dirt cheap and set up again with a similar name dumping their debts to contractors.

We are trying to find out more.

Watch this space!

Comment

try speaking to the client - that is how we got confirmation about Futuro.

A recruitment company has gone into administration today but no idea which one so not conclusive proof ...

http://www.business-sale.com/administrations.html

Comment

Working...
                    X