• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Veritas-IT - unpaid invoices.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract wording

I guess from reading here over the last few weeks, my colleagues and I are in a bit of a better situation than most. Yes we are all owed more than £10K each by veritas, but there are people on here worse off.
    Luckily for us, our contracts had the restriction of employment clause removed (at our insistance) so we are not in any bother over working for the end client direct at the moment. All our contracts ended on the 28th September (more or less) and so from that date on we are still employed and in theory getting money for it (that's another issue though)
    The end client has also been helpful in sorting out this mess going forward and included us in discussions when chosing a new agency to go through. We are not limited to ESS as far as we can tell.
    "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
    "See?"

Comment

Originally posted by cheesedoff View Post
      I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am now getting in touch with my MP. That these fraudsters can get away with this is not acceptable. I accept that in some cases companies have unexpected financial difficulties through no fault of their own, but regarding Veritas, this is not the case. When posed with the question 3 weeks prior to the demise of the company, Jason Giller was asked point blanik whether there were any problems, to which he answered "No, business as usual". These guys have effectively stolen time and money from both employees and contractors and have left them in awkward positions regarding their contracts of employment and in the case of contractors their contracts.
      Sadly, you'll find out why people don't bother voting anymore

Comment

I would like to know why a company that nobody has even heard of was able to buy the assets of a company that owes money to contractors and staff and went into administration the day the deal was done?
        Sadly it's the way these things normally happen (at least way has happened every other time I have seen an agency go under or had one go under from under me)

Few tips for those currently being screwed by this situation

* Do not trust the administrators or what they tell you The administrators do NOT work for you, your interests are not their priority, actually they do not care what is good for you, their only interests are how to squeeze the corpse of the agency for the maximum gain. You are just a source of money to them

* Check out agency who "bought" the contracts, many times seen that after a bit of investigation that the new agency has to many ties to old to make anyone happy

* Remember that unless your contract is missing some very standard contract T&C's your contract cannot be transferred without your permission (and have the client check their T&C's as well before agreeing to a transfer). It only takes one of you agreeing to severely limit everyone else options

* Check with client to see what payments they have make and what invoices they have received, tally this with your own records to see how much money really is "in limbo"

*Get proper legal advise

* Contact new agency, see what they are willing to do. This will vary person to person even if you work at same client. When I had an agency go bust on me a few years ago there were a load of us working at same client, some were told (and got) 100% of monies owed from new agency, others got ranges from 70 -40% while others (like me) got nothing. This will all depend on things like how much money is in limbo, the length left on your current contract, the likelihood of renewal and how important the client is to the new agency. Get this in writing before agreeing to contract being transferred. If your contract is "good" aka long time to go, good client with lots of others contractors there you are in a good negotiating position, once you and client agree to contract transfer you lose all negotiating power

Comment

Move on Madbilly

Glad to see you moving on Madbilly. I too have got a fantastic new job however I will not be dropping this until I have done everything I can to get what I want. Jason quoted to the Recruiter today that we were all made redundant on 19th Sept, must have missed that bit. He was also speaking on behalf of the other directors. Isn't it about time they made their own comments. My clients have been invoiced since the 19th Sept for permmies I have placed and started. I have seen the invoices. So if people want to go to their MP's and see solicitors that is their choice. They will be the ones laughing when they get what is due to them.

Comment

Originally posted by outofwork View Post
            So if people want to go to their MP's and see solicitors that is their choice. They will be the ones laughing when they get what is due to them.
            Confused? When you say "They" will be the ones laughing...are you referring to "people", "MPs", or "solicitors"?

Me simple coder...English language is difficult for me.

Comment

Max the people that will be laughing at the end of all this are the ones that carry on the fight to get what they are entitled to. Some of us will not let this go after what they have done, these are the people that will eventually get what is owed one way or another. No one walks over me like this and I will be fighting for what is owed to me. I have moved on in respect of securing a new fantastic job, however there is that very big issue that I worked solid for months for Veritas and they owe me. Well Veritas is no more so the directors owe me. I WILL get what I want. I am fumming even more after reading the recruiter this month...what a load of b*******.

Comment

fumming

chill out and move on

Comment

Im broke too, you are clearly not bothered, loaded or linked to one of the ar** ho*** that run that joke of a company. Happy days.............

Comment

Just a thought....

If you are working via an umbrella then you are employed by them and so sue them if they do not pay you, if they do not get paid by Veritas that is their problem not yours!

It be interesting if anyone got money this way!
                    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
                      Just a thought....

If you are working via an umbrella then you are employed by them and so sue them if they do not pay you, if they do not get paid by Veritas that is their problem not yours!

It be interesting if anyone got money this way!
                      There is a clause saying if the end client dont pay then you dont get paid.

Your official working terms will be £1 say then the rest as "commission".

Comment

Working...
                      X