• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Onboarding billable?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hobnob View Post

Thinking about what NLUK said, how is this going to work? E.g. will you need to submit a timesheet for those 3 days and get the client to approve it?
    Good luck, if this end-client is the well known Hispanic banking monolith: TINSTAAFL.

Comment

Ha funny how everyone automatically assumed the agent is trying to pull a scam.

it is sus that they have just out of the blue agree to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by JustKeepSwimming View Post
        Ha funny how everyone automatically assumed the agent is trying to pull a scam.

it is sus that they have just out of the blue agree to pay.
        Well so far there is only me automatically assuming that and based on the fact A) It's an agent and B) this dubious process of spreading it overtime has dubious overtones so A+B makes a fair assumption.

If the agent wasn't scamming it would be black and white, stick the 9 days in and away you go. All the evidence this is a backdoor job and none that it's being done properly.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Well so far there is only me automatically assuming that and based on the fact A) It's an agent and B) this dubious process of spreading it overtime has dubious overtones so A+B makes a fair assumption.

If the agent wasn't scamming it would be black and white, stick the 9 days in and away you go. All the evidence this is a backdoor job and none that it's being done properly.
          To be honest. I haven't seen anything from this agency that's done "properly". I got an email confirming my timesheets for November had been approved, but when I checked to see who had approved them.. it was an employee of the agency. As far as I can tell, unless there's a communication between the agency and their client which I don't know about, the client doesn't know what I'm billing for!?

Comment

Originally posted by heathen666 View Post

To be honest. I haven't seen anything from this agency that's done "properly". I got an email confirming my timesheets for November had been approved, but when I checked to see who had approved them.. it was an employee of the agency. As far as I can tell, unless there's a communication between the agency and their client which I don't know about, the client doesn't know what I'm billing for!?
            Which is exactly what I suspected and would make me very nervous. I'd expect the client sign off is in the contract and if the agent is self signing for days not agreed with the client then this could be pretty serious hence me not being overly comfortable with the situation. You can bet when it goes tits up it will all fall in your lap, not the agents, although I can't see how they can come out of this unscathed if you have an email trail.

How you proceed I've no idea but good to understand exactly what is going on.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I wouldn't bill for it if outside IR35. Also wouldn't go along with whatever shenanigans the agency is upto trying to sneak those days in.

Comment

I'd throw the agency under the bus by innocently talking about it with the client. But then, I'm nasty.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Reminds me of a sneaky pimp who sent out 3m extension contracts to all contractors without checking with the end client. None of us were extended.

3 years later I'm still getting daily email reminders to sign that contract in my junk mail.

qh
                  Last edited by quackhandle; 13 December 2023, 20:00.
                  He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    I'd throw the agency under the bus by innocently talking about it with the client. But then, I'm nasty.
                    I had been tempted to be honest, but there's around 15 of us on this project from the same agency so I don't want to rock the boat any more than I already have (that's another story). I did have a chat with a couple with the other guys and it seems that it's accepted that the agency is a bit dodgy (understatement) but they pay on time.

Comment

Unless the client and the work are superb, I'd be inclined to move on away from this agency at the first opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                      X