• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Psychometric test for new contract - tell them to f-off?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Psychometric test for new contract - tell them to f-off?

As part of their interview process - Would you do the test?

It's supposed to be outside IR35 - not exactly a standard way to engage with a vendor.

I wouldn't do one.

It's HR trying to justify their role.

Comment

Nope. Unless it was a role that I really wanted / needed.

Comment

Originally posted by avonleigh View Post
        Nope. Unless it was a role that I really wanted / needed.
        This. If it's interesting and a possibility I wouldn't be cutting my own nose of just to make a point about not doing it. I would be worried about the outside status though so wouldn't be my preferred option even if it did appear to be a good one.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

My preference would be to choose not to, but then it depends on lots of information not in your post. One thing I would say is never tell a potential customer "to f-off" as that's not exactly a standard way for a vendor to engage with a customer.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Personally, if I wanted the contract/job, I'd have no problem doing a psychometric test and wouldn't see it any differently to most other things involved in recruitment, including unexpected 'second interviews'.

​​​​

Comment

i did one a long time back for a permie role (with the precursor or EE). Results were hilarious; among other things it seems I perform better the more stress I'm under, and I am always calm and measured when dealing with senior staff. Hmmm....

Do one, but don't take the results seriously. Leave that for Human Remains.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                never tell a potential customer "to f-off" as that's not exactly a standard way for a vendor to engage with a customer.
                You've never been a customer of Oracle professional services then.

Comment

They probably do one for permies, so just do the same for everyone. Goes to show how well "outside" this is

Comment

It's just a disgrace what we have to do to secure work worth 100k+ a year isn't it

I had the dreaded three interviews for this gig. From previous posts I believe many of us wouldn't do three interviews. I swallowed my principles, took one for the team and had three interviews. Got the gig, going great happy days. Don't let your principles and morals get in the way of a good gig.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X