• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

COVID Vaccine Mandates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COVID Vaccine Mandates

Does anyone on here, know of a way to search if a particular employer mandates for a COVID vaccine anymore. I know IBM have this as a requirement.

Only sort of lists I can find are for the USA.

IBM, Disney, Apple etc.

But nothing for the UK.

Would help with job searches to know in advance.

Well that's an interesting one. Most contractors are fairly well educated so the topic doesn't often come up - I'm sure any employer (or client!) would recognise a valid exemption, such as having an autoimmune disease or allergy that prevents their use.
    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Key point here. As a contractor they are NOT your employer. So if you are asking because you are going to go in to employment then fair enough. If you are asking as a contractor then you are asking the wrong question. You should be asking about the clients policy on suppliers which will be completely different.

So which is it?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Never been asked, although I have overwhelmingly WFH since lockdown it is slightly academic.

Comment

I am simply asking if I can find out prior to applying for a position at a company.

Nothing more nothing less.

It should not matter if I am an employee or some form of contractor inside or out.

I do not want to discuss the vaccine pros and cons. I think that has been discussed enough.

I simply do not want to waste time applying for role to find out at the last minute.

Comment

Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post
            I am simply asking if I can find out prior to applying for a position at a company.

Nothing more nothing less.

It should not matter if I am an employee or some form of contractor inside or out.

I do not want to discuss the vaccine pros and cons. I think that has been discussed enough.

I simply do not want to waste time applying for role to find out at the last minute.
            Best not to waste their time then, if you think it could be an issue, or consider roles that are 100% remote, if you believe that vaccination is a bad thing.

In reality, it's a couple of years since I was asked to follow the corporate guidelines when going on site.
            But to put it simply, if you're not prepared to follow a company's rules, then you'll not be able to work for them. If you want to know what the rules are for a specific company, then contact that company directly.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post
              It should not matter if I am an employee or some form of contractor inside or out..
              Yes it should. A companys obligations to keep it's employees safe is completely different to that of suppliers. Could be some overlap but they have certain obligations to their employees and rules around that which they do not to suppliers. Totally different.

You are associating contractors in with employees which is fundamentally wrong and is common with noob contractors. You are a supplier and sit the other side, whole other world with different risks, obligations, policies.

That nuance aside, What WTFH says.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Yes it should. A companys obligations to keep it's employees safe is completely different to that of suppliers. Could be some overlap but they have certain obligations to their employees and rules around that which they do not to suppliers. Totally different.

You are associating contractors in with employees which is fundamentally wrong and is common with noob contractors. You are a supplier and sit the other side, whole other world with different risks, obligations, policies.

That nuance aside, What WTFH says.
                Sorry I disagree. A medical mandate would apply to all.

But thanks for the replies. I take it, the answer is no list.

Also noob contractors made me laugh.

My intention for this thread was just information. I never wanted to trigger covid anger.

All the best everyone.

Comment

Someone I once spoke to at HR at a client I was at said to me that they have used an applicants COVID vaccination status as a proxy for other traits that would typically rule them out later in the process. She may have been half-joking, but the example she gave was that there is a not insignificant overlap of anti-vaxxers and flat-earthers.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Best not to waste their time then, if you think it could be an issue, or consider roles that are 100% remote, if you believe that vaccination is a bad thing.
                    Perhaps he thinks it's a good thing and only wants to work with/for companies that have such a mandate.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X