• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company purchase - Return of unwanted goods

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post

which OS, how long have you had it, and how much do you want?
    sorry for terse mode
    No worries.

It's Win 11 Home, we've had it about 12 days - long enough to finish the install and add our necessary software and find out she can't use it. As of now it's had a factory reset so it's back to its as delivered state.

Price is £1080 inc VAT but plus shipping (unless you're in driving range!).

Anything else drop me a PM
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

No worries.

It's Win 11 Home, we've had it about 12 days - long enough to finish the install and add our necessary software and find out she can't use it. As of now it's had a factory reset so it's back to its as delivered state.

Price is £1080 inc VAT but plus shipping (unless you're in driving range!).

Anything else drop me a PM
      i'll have a think and PM you

Comment

Returns for stuff you don't want tends to be individual polices with certain companys. Some have great returns policies, many clothing places and, I believe John Lewis was supposed to be the leader in no quibble returns, but I'm not surprised as much of there stuff was a little more expensive. Oddly John Lewis seems on par with normal prices now so dunno if their returns policies have changed. Back when it was teh gold standard I'd have bought laptops from there just in case this happened.

Unfortunately for you Dell seem to operate only what they need to by law so won't take used stuff back that you just don't want.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Well that was a result. After an exchange of (very polite!) emails with Dell Customer Care, they have agreed to accept the return with a full refund.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
          X