• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to phrase "I'm still working and billing on Monday 19th"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    Just work it.
    Bill it.
    And if they balk, terminate the contract immediately due to breach, and report them to HMRC for IR35 fraud as you should clearly have been inside all along.
    And if he's inside IR35 already then he's likely subject to D&C which seriously erodes his being in business status and being able to work whatever days he wants regardless of the clients wishes.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Oh, so made up nonsense. The queen was your queen whether you like it or not, that's the point. For that matter, the PM is still your PM even if you voted for the other one. Like those "not my president" idiots. Not liking the establishment doesn't mean you can simply opt out, you can only campaign for change.
      I can accept the will of the people - it's called democracy.

Status through birthright on the other hand I do not accept.
      Last edited by TheDude; 15 September 2022, 13:32.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
        Good luck with that but, mostly, take this tedious crap to General.

Comment

I can accept the will of the people - it's called democracy.

Which is why they have next to no power and much of it is ceremonial. Some of the older laws may still be around but the Monarchy don't have the powers people think around guiding the military or bullying the PM and political parties. On the Royal website it says the main task of the monarch is to undertake constitutional and representational roles. Remember also we've had a Constitutional Monarchy since 1688 so we have a head of state but the real powers sits with the elected parliament.

If you don't want the monarchy because you don't want an unelected person which controls the to country then you are very sadly mistaken

EDIT :
          Good luck with that but, mostly, take this tedious crap to General.
          Oops
          Last edited by northernladuk; 15 September 2022, 15:16.

Comment

It's true whether you accept it or not.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

And if he's inside IR35 already then he's likely subject to D&C which seriously erodes his being in business status and being able to work whatever days he wants regardless of the clients wishes.
              sort of my point really
              If he doesn't know it's his choice, or it's not his choice; then he's a permitractor..
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Just so everyone knows I said "professional courtesy only really, but, I am working Monday, I've got lots to do, so I'll be working and billing"

Them

"Yeah cool, I would be too if I wasn't a perm employee, hope you have a great day doing uninterrupted work!"
                Last edited by The Tall Designer; 16 September 2022, 12:54.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tall Designer View Post
                  Just so everyone knows I said "professional courtesy only really, but, I am working Monday, I've got lots to do, so I'll be working and billing"

Them

"Yeah cool, I would be too if I wasn't a perm employee, hope you have a great day doing uninterrupted work!"
                  Sounds good.

Turns out I wasn't sent the "we're shut" email my my client but as far as I can tell this was mistake which "all staff" list was used (or maybe the email talked about holiday allowances etc). If I find myself at a loose end with all the shops shut and it's peeing it down I might do a bit of work, but I know the client well and that they won't care.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Sounds good.

Turns out I wasn't sent the "we're shut" email my my client but as far as I can tell this was mistake which "all staff" list was used (or maybe the email talked about holiday allowances etc). If I find myself at a loose end with all the shops shut and it's peeing it down I might do a bit of work, but I know the client well and that they won't care.
                    Exactly the same here. Mass mail went round but it's a retail client with a 24x7 distribution option so a flurry of corrections went out. I'm also going to see what the day brings and work if there is nothing else to do. Client is aware and also doen't care.

I think the mistake the OP has made is he doesn't understand his client well enough to gauge how they will respond.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

I think the mistake the OP has made is he doesn't understand his client well enough to gauge how they will respond.
                      I think your mistake is that you didn't read the question then. I was literally asking for the best way to frame it, not permission.

I hope you are having a lovely Friday.

Comment

Working...
                      X