• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Payments terms and inside IR35 what is "normal" today ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Recommend what? And how would that help if you are outside and the post is about inside?
    fair point - mea cuppa. Not sure why the slightly aggressive response but iirc that’s your ‘style’.

Comment

Originally posted by SillyPerson View Post

fair point - mea cuppa. Not sure why the slightly aggressive response but iirc that’s your ‘style’.
      Wasn't supposed to be aggressive. Just minimum words to ask the questions. Sorry. A case of my rep making something sound like it shouldn't.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

No worries.

Comment

Originally posted by SillyPerson View Post

"mea cuppa"
          PG Tips or Yorkshire Tea?
          or do you mean mea culpa?

Thing about using latin, especially when making an ad hominem point, is it makes you look really dumb if you get it wrong.

Yes I know I've probably opened myself up to having used ad hominem incorrectly, but at least I've spelt it right.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

"mea cuppa"
            PG Tips or Yorkshire Tea?
            or do you mean mea culpa?

Thing about using latin, especially when making an ad hominem point, is it makes you look really dumb if you get it wrong.

Yes I know I've probably opened myself up to having used ad hominem incorrectly, but at least I've spelt it right.
            i was assuming fellow forumites would be familiar with the Latin hence the jocose syntax.

Abstineam - mea cunta

Comment

I've been able to negotiate weekly payments for the inside gig I start on Monday. I didn't expect it to work but I held out for 7 days from invoice (monthly) and they said they'd paid weekly.

Comment

People seem to miss that there's the invoicing (timesheet) frequency and the payment terms of those invoices. They add up.

Are weekly or monthly timesheets more common nowadays?

Comment

Originally posted by Syd View Post
                  People seem to miss that there's the invoicing (timesheet) frequency and the payment terms of those invoices. They add up.

I submit my timesheet and invoices every Friday. I get paid the following Friday...

Comment

Originally posted by Syd View Post
                    Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

I am sure apologies for mocking my correct prediction will be forthcoming

Comment

Working...
                      X