• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Payments terms and inside IR35 what is "normal" today ?"

Collapse

• dranzer01
    replied
    Also, if anyone is on inside IR35 and you tell the company to pay you weekly, MAKE SURE that the manager signs off your timesheets EVERY WEEK as agreed. If the manager is lacklustre in doing so and snowballs them, you will end up paying more tax as HMRC will be seeing all these timesheets and think to themselves 'what the hell is this? where has all this money come from...? 60%'

Leave a comment:

• CoolCat
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post

No there isn't - it's more like 0%.
    I am sure apologies for mocking my correct prediction will be forthcoming

Leave a comment:

• CoolCat
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

No there isn't

IR35 doesn't work but it's the only thing that is keeping a lot of people employed rather than being forced into self-employment alongside the offer of a few more quid...

Remember - as I continually point out but people never seem to grasp we aren't the intended target here merely acceptable collateral damage.

Leave a comment:

• CoolCat
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Originally posted by Syd View Post
    Are weekly or monthly timesheets more common nowadays?
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

• dranzer01
    replied
    Originally posted by Syd View Post
    People seem to miss that there's the invoicing (timesheet) frequency and the payment terms of those invoices. They add up.

I submit my timesheet and invoices every Friday. I get paid the following Friday...

Leave a comment:

• Syd
    replied
    People seem to miss that there's the invoicing (timesheet) frequency and the payment terms of those invoices. They add up.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    I've been able to negotiate weekly payments for the inside gig I start on Monday. I didn't expect it to work but I held out for 7 days from invoice (monthly) and they said they'd paid weekly.

Leave a comment:

• SillyPerson
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post

"mea cuppa"
    PG Tips or Yorkshire Tea?
    or do you mean mea culpa?

Thing about using latin, especially when making an ad hominem point, is it makes you look really dumb if you get it wrong.

Yes I know I've probably opened myself up to having used ad hominem incorrectly, but at least I've spelt it right.
    i was assuming fellow forumites would be familiar with the Latin hence the jocose syntax.

Abstineam - mea cunta

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by SillyPerson View Post

fair point - mea cuppa. Not sure why the slightly aggressive response but iirc that’s your ‘style’.
    "mea cuppa"
    PG Tips or Yorkshire Tea?
    or do you mean mea culpa?

Thing about using latin, especially when making an ad hominem point, is it makes you look really dumb if you get it wrong.

Yes I know I've probably opened myself up to having used ad hominem incorrectly, but at least I've spelt it right.

Leave a comment:

• SillyPerson
    replied
    No worries.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SillyPerson View Post

fair point - mea cuppa. Not sure why the slightly aggressive response but iirc that’s your ‘style’.
    Wasn't supposed to be aggressive. Just minimum words to ask the questions. Sorry. A case of my rep making something sound like it shouldn't.

Leave a comment:

• SillyPerson
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Recommend what? And how would that help if you are outside and the post is about inside?

Leave a comment:

• dranzer01
    replied
    I have had three inside IR35 contracts. Ive stipulated I want to be paid weekly. They then proceed to adjust the payments to suit my weekly remittance.

I have had about six outside IR35 contracts where I have stipulated I want to be paid weekly and they then adjust it to suit weekly remittance.

(All of these are different agencies ill add over the years)

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    They would simply be confirming that they are indeed a silly person.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X