• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Payments terms and inside IR35 what is "normal" today ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post

I suspect the issue is that the umbrella pays the worker when the umbrella receives the money so the money for the work you did in July is received at the end of August.

Were you a permanent employee you would be paid at the end of July for work done in July.
    Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post

there is at least a 50% chance the new PM will change IR35 rules next week, or maybe in emergency budget shortly after
      No there isn't - it's more like 0%.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post

No there isn't - it's more like 0%.
        They'd certainly need an emergency budget if they decide to change IR35 rules on day one : not happening. The ratchet only ever goes higher.
        ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Liz Truss also said she would look into removing speed limits on roads the other evening so she might have a busy first few weeks.

Comment

I always state 'I want payment to be weekly'. 80% of the time, the agency can change it to make it weekly payments. It doesn't matter if they say payment is monthly. If it is monthly and they dont budge, then off to a new contract you go. But again, anything can be negotiated.

Comment

It's interesting regarding payment terms, as for me it's changed from all monthly when I first started contracting to now all weekly by default (i.e. I didn't actually ask for them to be this way) and this is for both in and outside IR35 and different agents made no difference, the only constant is where I've needed an umbrella I've only used Paystream.

Comment

I’m on an outside contract with tsheets approved Monday and paid every Friday. Would be happy to recommend if that’s permitted?

Comment

Originally posted by SillyPerson View Post
                  I’m on an outside contract with tsheets approved Monday and paid every Friday. Would be happy to recommend if that’s permitted?
                  Recommend what? And how would that help if you are outside and the post is about inside?
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

They would simply be confirming that they are indeed a silly person.
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I have had three inside IR35 contracts. Ive stipulated I want to be paid weekly. They then proceed to adjust the payments to suit my weekly remittance.

I have had about six outside IR35 contracts where I have stipulated I want to be paid weekly and they then adjust it to suit weekly remittance.

(All of these are different agencies ill add over the years)

Comment

Working...
                      X