• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why do recruiters ask for your rate?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    it's quite naive to think that the agent you speak to even knows what role you're applying for and what rate it's been advertised at. Another assumption is that they only have advertised it in one place and that's what you're looking at.

Half the blasted adverts are fishing anyway, so how do you even know you've applied for an actual opportunity.

very wet behind the ears. I'd almost say 'downloaded with the last service pack'

Given all that. Would it be better that you take what is offered by people with more experience rather than arguing?
    when you post opinions that are wrong or misleading they could be read by others with little experience and accepted as fact. You are called out when wrong to improve the quality of the info on the forum.
    trolling is for general.

the mods do give everyone a hard time if they are abusive and don’t add value.

my advice…. Ask questions if you don’t know. Don’t post guesswork or speculation as fact. As a tech architect this is how you do your job so use the same approach here.
    You're one of the bullies. I've done nothing wrong in this thread. I've not posted anything that's misleading in this thread that someone is going to read and hurt themselves with.

You're a gas lighter. You're telling me take what is offered. Go back and read what you offered, it's less than useless and just insulting for no good reason. You told me not to speculate, I removed one piece of speculation from a post and I got called fake because I added some clarity......

Given all your wisdom, please tell me what I should do when I want to apply for a role given that I'm supposed to assume the recruiter knows absolutely nothing?

I don't think this forum is for me. Its low quality attacks from jaded men. I'm not valueless just because you said I am.
    Last edited by ConsultingTechArchitect; 10 June 2022, 11:14.

Comment

Originally posted by lance View Post

given all that. Would it be better that you take what is offered by people with more experience rather than arguing?
      When you post opinions that are wrong or misleading they could be read by others with little experience and accepted as fact. You are called out when wrong to improve the quality of the info on the forum.
      Trolling is for general.

The mods do give everyone a hard time if they are abusive and don’t add value.

My advice…. Ask questions if you don’t know. Don’t post guesswork or speculation as fact. if you were an actual tech architect this is how you do your job so use the same approach here.
      ftfyhihbidi
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ConsultingTechArchitect View Post

You're one of the bullies. I've done nothing wrong in this thread. I've not posted anything that's misleading in this thread that someone is going to read and hurt themselves with.

You're a gas lighter. You're telling me take what is offered. Go back and read what you offered, it's less than useless and just insulting for no good reason. You told me not to speculate, I removed one piece of speculation from a post and I got called fake because I added some clarity......

Given all your wisdom, please tell me what I should do when I want to apply for a role given that I'm supposed to assume the recruiter knows absolutely nothing?

I don't think this forum is for me. Its low quality attacks from jaded men. I'm not valueless just because you said I am.
        WTF are you wasting time arguing with a bunch of anonymous (to you) people online if you don't like the people here?
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          To hook you in. It's like a car advert where the model in the ad has every conceivable optional extra fitted.
          Or my personal favourite - the car ad with the small print "Model shown not available in UK market". Yeah. Thanks for that!

Comment

Originally posted by ConsultingTechArchitect

Agreed, it's not good for me.

I'll leave now.
            Great way to start my weekend, reading this thread! Should be in Light Relief section!

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_1280.jpg Views:	0 Size:	181.3 KB ID:	4221029
              qh
              He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Agreed, it's not good for me.

I'll leave now.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	goodbye.gif
Views:	332
Size:	3.08 MB
ID:	4221037
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Final update, I was offered the top rate for the role. Client liked me, said I was the only person they interviewed that blank blank blank (you don't get to know).. Client didn't wanna touch contractor number 2. Recruiter was annoyed but f-him. I'm not quite the commodity that you lot are so I'm in demand and he knows that now.

I turned it down because they said I have to use their laptop. Unlike many here, I'm not so desperate to the point I have to accept anything I don't like. 700 - 1000 / day rates come easily for someone with my experience.

Fat war chest, deeply technical with very strong commercial and consulting skills. I'm a fooo0kin unicorn compared to most of you commodities that have only got one skill and F-all international market experience.

Peace out. Enjoy bullying the next newcomer.

I appreciate this post will get snarky replies from people that have to work inside Ir35 or take hilarious rates in the £500 range. As you laugh at my departure, look at the lack of stamps in your passport then go back to your 1998 PHP forum with total morons and jaded old men.

Only decent one here is that blonde milf with the profile pic - Bye
                  Liar, bell end and misogynist.

see ya…
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

This guy is a total bell, but he does have a point about miserable jaded old men...

Comment

Liar, bell end and misogynist.

see ya…
                      What happened here!?!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Is this person actually a recruiter not a technical architect trying to jive-talk us?

Comment

Working...
                      X