• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting at Nationwide

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting at Nationwide

Does anyone here have a contract with Nationwide head office in Swindon?

I no longer have any contacts there myself as it seems they've all moved on to pastures new but the word on the street is that, from a contracting perspective, all is not well aboard the good ship Nationwide.

Which is a shame because I'd really like to get back in here; I haven't worked there myself since 2013 but I had 2 separate contracts there and both were real slow burners which is exactly the kind of role I need to get through the next couple of years. Money wasn't bad either, good working environment and there never actually seemed to be a whole load of work to do. With expectations being of some kind of a return to the office, even only if it's in hybrid mode, a stint there would be a kind of soft landing from the rather charmed life I've been living with WHF over the past 2 years. Is anyone here actually working at NW at the moment? Do you know who their preferred supplier(s) is/are?

it's very FOGgy there i think

Comment

Does Nationwide own Principality, I mean are they all under the one tablecloth?

I'm sure you could blag your way into the job.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

A lot changes in clients over an 11 year period. Enough clients out there not to have to yearn for a gig from over a decade ago. Keep an eye on linkedin, jobswerve etc. If they want contractors they'll be advertising for them.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

NW were a permietractors dream a few years ago; not much work to do, lots of team events, higher than average rates (£750 in 2015 for senior designers) and nearly always extended way beyond original terms.

I had an offer from them recently but turned it down because the agency made a boo-boo with the rate, so not sure what it's like now.

Comment

Originally posted by ensignia View Post
            NW were a permietractors dream a few years ago; not much work to do, lots of team events, higher than average rates (£750 in 2015 for senior designers) and nearly always extended way beyond original terms.

I had an offer from them recently but turned it down because the agency made a boo-boo with the rate, so not sure what it's like now.
            So fancy telling the OP who the agent was, which was the only thing they were asking really.

Comment

Who was the agency?

Comment

It was AMS. Put me through at £xxx and then when they called with the offer it was £110 less than agreed. When I sent them proof of the agreed rate they didn't even acknowledge it

Lucky at that time, I had offers from several other places so wasn't reliant on this but I've had problems with AMS before and they operate on 30 day payment terms as well.

Comment

was there 13 years ago. Good gig. Lots of totty. Not a staggering workload.
                  Former IPSE member
                  My Website

Comment

It was AMS. Put me through at £xxx and then when they called with the offer it was £110 less than agreed. When I sent them proof of the agreed rate they didn't even acknowledge it

Lucky at that time, I had offers from several other places so wasn't reliant on this but I've had problems with AMS before and they operate on 30 day payment terms as well.
                    Par for the course with AMS that.

Comment

Working...
                    X