• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Slippery agent behaviour.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post

That is the "honest" scenario for Agent B.

If you aren't trusting Agent A to have submitted, how can you trust Agent B to tell you the truth.

They might be happy to try and remove you from the equation as a duplicate CV - eg they don't even ask the client if you are already in, they just submit you anyway. Client can't be bothered with a tug of war, even if A got your CV in first.

It's all ifs and buts, and some may see that as mega paranoid. That is why I would always stick with Agent A.

If I have been submitted by Agent A, and I don't want to tell Agent B, I might say I'm not interested in that client because "reasons".
    Ah I see where you're coming from.

I guess it depends on many factors - how keen you are on the role, how much you trust agent A, B, etc., what your relationship is like with the agents / client, blah blah

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post

If you find the role is advertised by another agency (agency B), would it be worth getting in touch with agency B and ask them hey can you check with end client if I was submitted by agency A? They should be able to find out. Whether they would bother it's another question
      Right, so I did the above: I got in touch with agency B, they asked the client which confirmed they never saw my cv submitted by A (the bastards) so:
      - I sent an email to agency A withdrawing from the role and withdrawing my right of representation
      - gave my right of representation to agency B
      - got an interview with client yesterday

now deciding whether to do the classy thing and just leave it at that or writing a snappy email to agency A. Probably the former.

Comment

now deciding whether to do the classy thing and just leave it at that or writing a snappy email to agency A. Probably the former.
        Without the shadow of a doubt. You've got away from a situation than could easily have ended badly and can still. Keep your head down and walk away as fast as possible.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Without the shadow of a doubt. You've got away from a situation than could easily have ended badly and can still. Keep your head down and walk away as fast as possible.
          This. Move on to the next opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post

This. Move on to the next opportunity.
            Move on to what? Did you read the point where I said I had an interview for the role yesterday?

I'm still waiting for feedback but chances are I'll get an offer.

Comment

Move on to what? Did you read the point where I said I had an interview for the role yesterday?

I'm still waiting for feedback but chances are I'll get an offer.
              As with all these things start celebrating when you are sitting at your desk (or at home, depending on working arrangements).

Comment

I wasn't celebrating, I was just stating the fact that I got an interview, fact which looked like you had missed. No biggie.

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post

As with all these things start celebrating when you are sitting at your desk (or at home, depending on working arrangements).
                  Start celebrating when your first invoice is paid.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Start celebrating when your first invoice is paid.
                    Best make it the last one. Can never be too careful.

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
                      Did they cover your costs / pay any interest or did you ultimately just have to take a 14 month wait & initiating legal proceedings on the chin?
                      Sorry, I didn't spot this post to reply to it...
                      1. They paid my costs. (£12k ish)
                      2. They paid most of what they owed.
                      3. They paid interest.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X