• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SC disappeared - complete nightmare!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

I can tell you I wouldn’t still be obsessing over it 10 days later.

Your best case scenario is either BIES “finds” your clearance, or they admit they let you access secure information without clearance which they will not want to do.

so you can’t investigate the first without running the risk of the second. BEIS will eventually stop replying to your emails (I’m surprised they haven’t already)
    Is the responsibility to confirm having valid access with BIES or the individual?
    If it's with the individual, then his admissions in this thread could have legal implications
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Is the responsibility to confirm having valid access with BIES or the individual?
      If it's with the individual, then his admissions in this thread could have legal implications
      It lies with the local site security officer, actually. Although it is sensible to know what state your clearance is at all times anyway, since things can change that will affect it, such as finishing the role for which it was granted...

As for discussing it at all, clearance issues are covered by the OSA, which states very early on that beyond saying you possess clearance (which you never do, but you know what I mean) you are not to discuss or disclose your clearance level to anyone who is not entitled to know it (which includes agencies, rather awkwardly for some...)
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

So if it was you you'd shrug your shoulders and say hey ho then? I doubt it.
        if the new client wants you they'll just sponsor you again. It takes a few weeks if the fast track it.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          As for discussing it at all, clearance issues are covered by the OSA, which states very early on that beyond saying you possess clearance (which you never do, but you know what I mean) you are not to discuss or disclose your clearance level to anyone who is not entitled to know it (which includes agencies, rather awkwardly for some...)
          So the safest thing on a public internet forum would be to avoid the subject, or understand what you can/cannot say and avoid referring to yourself.

Got it.

If I ever needed to have a grasp of what was entailed, you've helped clear it up. I wonder will your words help clear up the OP's personal situation as detailed out by himself. Somehow I doubt it.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

So the safest thing on a public internet forum would be to avoid the subject, or understand what you can/cannot say and avoid referring to yourself.

Got it.

If I ever needed to have a grasp of what was entailed, you've helped clear it up. I wonder will your words help clear up the OP's personal situation as detailed out by himself. Somehow I doubt it.
            Well doubt away but you'd be wrong.

It's perfectly simple - regardless of any documentation extant or invisible, he no longer has any clearance and if he wants to get a job that requires it - assuming he can get past the idiots insisting that it be in place already - then he will need to be cleared again. Which is something that was said at the start of the thread.

And you can discuss the process as much as you like. Our existence on here has been anonymised, hasn't it? And we're all talking theoretically anyway, aren't we?
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

It lies with the local site security officer, actually. Although it is sensible to know what state your clearance is at all times anyway, since things can change that will affect it, such as finishing the role for which it was granted...

So how exactly do you suggest checking clearance? Emailing the cabinet office on a regular basis like once a month? (Umm excuse me I asked you last month but just checking...).

Surely having a letter advising you are cleared until said date then remaining in the same role you got cleared for is enough?
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

So how exactly do you suggest checking clearance? Emailing the cabinet office on a regular basis like once a month? (Umm excuse me I asked you last month but just checking...).
                To be fair if you'd done that just once you'd not be in the situation you'd be in.
                Surely having a letter advising you are cleared until said date then remaining in the same role you got cleared for is enough?
                Clearly not.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It's not hard. Check with your previous SSO when you are applying for a role that needs clearance. They will know your current status, and will have to be involved in any transfers of clearance to a new client anyway,

Is there something in your makeup that means you can't think for yourself, or are you just trying to pass the time with these inane questions?
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

It's not hard. Check with your previous SSO when you are applying for a role that needs clearance. They will know your current status, and will have to be involved in any transfers of clearance to a new client anyway,

Is there something in your makeup that means you can't think for yourself, or are you just trying to pass the time with these inane questions?
                    Ummm. I did all of this?

In answer to 2nd part, yes its fun.
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X