• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SC disappeared - complete nightmare!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    FFS - canned due to lack of SC.....
    Nice one. Feck knows whats happened to my clearance. Despite me producing a letter from 2017 no-one can find it!

Consultancy company getting heat from client about it, game over.

Feckin great. And I had a choice of 4 gigs before I chose this one in october - such is life...
    No point whinging to us. Have you tried the approach I suggested earlier, about letting you work pending clearance? If the client is complaining about you not being there, they may well help out. Too late now though.

And 2017 clearance will have lapsed anyway, so no, you didn't have current SC in the first place.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Has it been the same exact same role and client since 2017?

You often post about new gigs so I am guessing the role you had in 2017 had SC, but the roles after that didn't so would have lapsed 12 months after the last role with SC even if you stayed with the same client (I seem to remember you saying you've been in a role for three years not 4 which would explain why it's lapsed)
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

You often post about new gigs so I am guessing the role you had in 2017 had SC, but the roles after that didn't so would have lapsed 12 months after the last role with SC even if you stayed with the same client (I seem to remember you saying you've been in a role for three years not 4 which would explain why it's lapsed)
        I read in to it that the last gig he had put him through SC so should be valid. Also if it had lapsed they'd have a paper trail which they don't appear to have at the moment. He needs to find out what the score is with the vetting officers at the last gig. They put it in so they will be the only ones that can dig through as they should hold it.

He also said 'kindly' put him through so sounds like a favour rather than a requirement and they didn't come through with the favour it seems

If there has indeed being a total balls up and it was never issued to him as the information is wrong on the system then he hasn't got SC. He'll have to start from scratch.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

I read in to it that the last gig he had put him through SC so should be valid. Also if it had lapsed they'd have a paper trail which they don't appear to have at the moment. He needs to find out what the score is with the vetting officers at the last gig. They put it in so they will be the only ones that can dig through as they should hold it.

He also said 'kindly' put him through so sounds like a favour rather than a requirement and they didn't come through with the favour it seems

If there has indeed being a total balls up and it was never issued to him as the information is wrong on the system then he hasn't got SC. He'll have to start from scratch.
          He will anyway. If it was granted in 2017 then 5 years have gone and it will it will almost certainly mean re-vetting regardless of intervening engagements. Clearance is normally 10 years for permies, 5 for contractors (7 for nuclear for reasons that escape me unless it's to do with the longer project cycles) at which point you need to be confirmed again.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

OMG! NLUK and PS playing nice! It is Christmas!

Sing hosannas!

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

He will anyway. If it was granted in 2017 then 5 years have gone and it will it will almost certainly mean re-vetting regardless of intervening engagements. Clearance is normally 10 years for permies, 5 for contractors (7 for nuclear for reasons that escape me unless it's to do with the longer project cycles) at which point you need to be confirmed again.
              Mine is and always has been 10 years, a few security officers have wondered why but that's what comes back
              But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

I know it's too late for this gig but might help in the future.....

UKSV phone number: 01904 662644
                Give them a call, Name, Place of Birth and DoB, they'll tell you what clearances you have / had, dates and who holds them.

If they're not answering their phones (because of 'covid'!) drop them an email: [email protected] again with Name, Place and Date of Birth; their response time is pretty good (couple of days or so).

Best of luck

Comment

Originally posted by David71 View Post
                  I know it's too late for this gig but might help in the future.....

UKSV phone number: 01904 662644
                  Give them a call, Name, Place of Birth and DoB, they'll tell you what clearances you have / had, dates and who holds them.

If they're not answering their phones (because of 'covid'!) drop them an email: [email protected] again with Name, Place and Date of Birth; their response time is pretty good (couple of days or so).

Best of luck
                  They do? No way. I mean, really? You give some basic info that really isn't difficult to find and they will divulge whether you've got top secret clearance to the caller? Wow
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

No point whinging to us. Have you tried the approach I suggested earlier, about letting you work pending clearance? If the client is complaining about you not being there, they may well help out. Too late now though.

And 2017 clearance will have lapsed anyway, so no, you didn't have current SC in the first place.
                    Yeh I did try....

2017 it started - last actively used in my last gig 1st october 2021.
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

Nah last gig was april 2017 to october 2021.
                      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X