• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much do agents take?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As much as they can get.
    https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post
      Agents take zero risk. It’s not like they will be stuck with a warehouse of asparagus spears.

they prostiute out the contractor to a bidder. And the margins are insane for the work done

I also have the same gripe about estate agents and Foxtons. They advertise your property. Any problems with tenants and they put you in touch with a lawyer who will bill £300 an hour to help

zero skin in the game. Pure cash machine
      What if the client doesn't pay and the agency has paid the contractor? That is the risk

Comment

Originally posted by ComplianceLady View Post

What if the client doesn't pay and the agency has paid the contractor? That is the risk
        NowPermOutsideUK is special and thinks estate agents are the same as recruitment agents because the word agent is used.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

NowPermOutsideUK is special and thinks estate agents are the same as recruitment agents because the word agent is used.
          f***!!! Don't let him watch James Bond.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Worrying about what the other guy gets is for permies.

The way I see it - if I wouldn't have heard about the role (or gotten in) without them, then they get what they get.
            ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

I know my last agent made 20% on my day rate. He was a really good agent. Honest and didn't throw the toys out the pram when I got a better offer.

Comment

One agency that contacts me on a weekly basis made a LinkedIn post where it had taken it's best performing staff from it's US branches for a Jolly to the Bahamas

I am all for rewarding staff but if I was a client I would definitely be renegotiating my fees.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
                  One agency that contacts me on a weekly basis made a LinkedIn post where it had taken it's best performing staff from it's US branches for a Jolly to the Bahamas

I am all for rewarding staff but if I was a client I would definitely be renegotiating my fees.
                  I think that's a bit unfair. Most businesses exist to make a profit and if they spend some of that profit rewarding their staff, so that the staff feel valued and want to work hard, then that's going to ultimately increase profit. It might have taken them 10 years of hard graft to get to that point, or they might have made it in six months - what should matter to the customer is how good the service is, not whether the company is spending money on things that you don't approve of.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post

What have how they reward their US staff got to do with you getting a contract in the UK?

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I think that's a bit unfair. Most businesses exist to make a profit and if they spend some of that profit rewarding their staff, so that the staff feel valued and want to work hard, then that's going to ultimately increase profit. It might have taken them 10 years of hard graft to get to that point, or they might have made it in six months - what should matter to the customer is how good the service is, not whether the company is spending money on things that you don't approve of.
                      Totally. I think TheDude doesn't fully understand how key motivation is in some roles. Doing mind numbing jobs like telesales or call centres they put a lot of money in to keeping the staff motivated. In the case of agents/sales it's to get them to perform better and in call centres just to stop them leaving in droves.

And anyway, rewarding top sales people with lavish gifts has been pretty normal since sales began hasn't it? Remember, that's all agents really are, glorified sales.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X