• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advertised rate vs Net pay

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cwah View Post
    If it's inside IR35, they shouldn't pay into your LTD but directly to you via umbrella...
    Not true as usual from you. They can pay it the LTD. Most won't as there are risks attached to it so they will generally either offer PAYE via the agent or Umbrella but LTD payments are possible.

https://www.crunch.co.uk/knowledge/t...mited-company/

Wish you'd think a little bit before you post, or just don't post at all would be better.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Not sure what the rate being advertised means - ask for the Key Information Document.

It really is very simple...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I've never seen any rate advertised as net rate. They are all gross so I don't know why you would assume it could be net. And to be net, they would have to know your tax bracket and other earning which is not possible anyway.

So it's definitely gross pay.

And for the tax rate, at £600/day for sure you will reach the higher tax rate pretty quickly as well as losing your personal allowance when you reach £100k. So you'll definitely consider taking home half of your income

Comment

I've never seen any rate advertised as net rate. They are all gross so I don't know why you would assume it could be net. And to be net, they would have to know your tax bracket and other earning which is not possible anyway.

And for the tax rate, at £600/day for sure you will reach the higher tax rate pretty quickly as well as losing your personal allowance when you reach £100k. So you'll definitely consider taking home half of your income
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

You sure about that. You've double checked your facts? Understood what you are talking about? Thought before posting?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Salaries are also never advertised as nett pay so why would inside IR35 rates be?

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                Salaries are also never advertised as nett pay so why would inside IR35 rates be?
                Ehhhhh.....that's not entirely true. Salaries are never advertised gross of employers NICs, apprenticeship levy and employers pensions contributions.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                  Welcome to the world of marketing bulltulip.

Salary = PAYE rate at an annualised rate

PAYE rate = the rate you will be paid per hour / day after Employment costs (Employer NI, holiday pay, employer pension contribution, apprenticeship levy)

Assignment rate = the rate the agency pays the umbrella from which they must deduct their fee and all employment costs before paying you.

Umbrella rate -> the agency thinks it's the Assignment rate. However, the agency pretends / the worker assumes it's the PAYE rate if people aren't 100% clueful.

The problem is this gets very complex quickly which is why Key Information Documents are required and should be available on request the moment you apply for the contract / role / job.

Comment

Originally posted by achilles View Post

That's interesting, I had a call from an agent to put me forward for a role at a rate of £500 and he insisted that I should use one of their Umbrella companies. When I asked if the £500 per day is the Net rate, he said that it would probably be something like £450 via umbrella.

Confusing times...
                    That's because a) they are lying through their back teeth, or b) the umbrella they are pushing you to is as dodgy as feck...
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

That's because a) they are lying through their back teeth, or b) the umbrella they are pushing you to is as dodgy as feck...
                      Most likely - c) both

Comment

Working...
                      X