• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Size of the contract market today 2021 as compared to 2018

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Size of the contract market today 2021 as compared to 2018

Live Contracts seem to be less than a third of what they were back in 2018, or is it just the time of year

Originally posted by ContractorMike View Post
    Live Contracts seem to be less than a third of what they were back in 2018, or is it just the time of year
    Hmm - why might that be? Covid reducing demand possibly?
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I was in the middle of a six month contract in March 2018 so can't really make the comparison. One thing I would say is is I think there are less invented jobs on JobServe than they used to be (although the same role can be advertised by different agents).

In normal times new budgets are about a month away so would expect things to pick up but this year is anyone's bet.

Comment

Covid, IR35, time of year. Take your pick.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

In December people will blame it on Christmas

in March people will blame it on budgets

in June people will blame it on summer holidays

in September people will blame it on school year starting.

basically the market is telling you it’s messed up. If you can’t find something now in March don’t blame it on the month

my view is brexit and covid

Comment

Originally posted by ContractorMike View Post
            According to ITJobswatch, job adverts over the last six months are down a bit over 50% compared to the same period in 2019. And 2019 was down compared to 2018.

So yes, the market appears to down to around a third of what it was in 2018.

Comment

Depends where you live in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Covid, IR35, time of year. Take your pick.
                You missed the biggest factor, it begins with B, ends in IT, and REX the economy!
                First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Seeing quite a few roles myself and getting calls
                  ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

March is usually the busiest month and this seems less so than normal.

Comment

Working...
                    X