• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

J&C Associates?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J&C Associates?

Hi -

I've tried to search this forum for an agency J&C Associates, or any feedback on them, but with no luck (I don't think the search function recognises 3 characters or less, so J&C produces nothing). The search within each result for "J&C Associates" don't seem to contain any mention of them, which is odd (I've gone through each set of pages).

Does anyone have any knowledge of them, or has anyone dealt with them?

The forum search is rubbish so you are best using the google search method. In Google type J&C site:contractoruk.com/forums

Still no hits though. What exactly is your query?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The following google search site:contractoruk.com "J&C" Associates

returns just your post so I think that answers why your search was fruitless

Equally I think it would be pointless to look at old history as the ownership and management changed last February (2020) so what happened before then may no longer be relevant.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Thanks - I did the google search as well but as you also found, that returns no hits.

They're advertising a role, and not having dealt with them before I wanted to see if they are dodgy, average, etc.

Eek - you say they have changed management recently - so there may not be anyone here who has experienced that new setup.

Any views welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by pushingpixels View Post
          Thanks - I did the google search as well but as you also found, that returns no hits.

They're advertising a role, and not having dealt with them before I wanted to see if they are dodgy, average, etc.

Eek - you say they have changed management recently - so there may not be anyone here who has experienced that new setup.

Any views welcome.
          Do a credit search on them. They've got the correct details for company and VAT on front page which many don't. You can use the company number to have a gander at the state and longevity of their business. Check linkedin to see how many people work there and for how long, check jobserve to see how many ads they've posted and so on and so on.

Don't always assume an agent is dodgy. They may not be the best to work for but very very few are 'dodgy'. Assuming this means you have to put the leg work in to aly your fears.

Enough out there to dig in to give you half an idea and at the end of the day, if you don't have work what have you got to lose by engaging. You can make a decision when you've got a contract in front of you and your engagement with them up to that point should tell you how good they are.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Credit check is worth doing. Check they are up to date on CoHo and trust your instincts when you talk to them. If any paperwork looks like it was done by kids let loose with a box of crayons then run away.

Comment

Also Companies House data is often interesting, especially the officers info. Both have the same surname and are based in New Jersey - as in the USA...
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Thanks all - I usually check companies house (webcheck) and the latest Gov company lookup, but haven't looked up the credit search (yet).

The directors seem to be an american couple, one of whom runs another company with a varied history which has recently taken a controlling interest.

That aside though, rate seems unrealistic :-(

Thanks all

Comment

Talk to them. Find out who the client is without signing over any exclusivity.
                  Then when you know who the client is find a reputable (yeah I know) agent who can deal with it.

It’s not uncommon for a small agency to put people through to large agencies and take a very hefty margin. Even when the large agency might even be on a fixed rate.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Had an interview through them back in February 2020, haven't heard anything back.

Comment

Working...
                    X