• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone running two contracts simultaneously,one inside,one outside?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone running two contracts simultaneously,one inside,one outside?

Hi all,

Given all this flexible working, I am exploring a second contract which is part time (at least for the foreseeable - it's a startup). My 'main contract' will be blanket banning PSCs.

I just wondered if anyone has/is running two contracts, one via an umbrella and one via Ltd and if they have any insight, experience or approaches to this?

My accountant can cut the numbers and explore the balance of salary sacrifice via umbrella Vs pension contribution via the ltd , but I'm still interested in any views or wisdom from this group.

Originally posted by youngguy View Post
    Hi all,

Given all this flexible working, I am exploring a second contract which is part time (at least for the foreseeable - it's a startup). My 'main contract' will be blanket banning PSCs.

I just wondered if anyone has/is running two contracts, one via an umbrella and one via Ltd and if they have any insight, experience or approaches to this?

My accountant can cut the numbers and explore the balance of salary sacrifice via umbrella Vs pension contribution via the ltd , but I'm still interested in any views or wisdom from this group.

interesting question. probably I will be in a similar situation in 6 months time

Comment

Originally posted by biergarten View Post
      interesting question. probably I will be in a similar situation in 6 months time
      Man you are struggling to start one let alone two. Guess you are gonna keep us busy in the coming months.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Hi all,

How do you mean approach it? You get paid by the brolly personally for the inside gig and you work with your accontant to use the company money as efficiently as possible based on the income from the inside gig.

Comment

I'm doing exactly this right now.

Two contracts, one inside with a bank and one outside with a public sector client.

You need to be very organised, and at least one of the clients need to know that you might have other projects on the go, but that 90% of the time you will be available.

Forget all the nonsense about Covid making for flexible work, people still do 9-5 and an hour for lunch at 12. Work to that and you'll be fine. I get half of my work done during the day and the other half in the evening if need be.

When things are quiet, try and plan and organise the days ahead. And prepare for clashes with meetings, if you've any gumption you can push back but sometimes it'll just be unavoidable; I've been on two calls separately for each client simultaneously and that can get confusing but like I said: plan ahead and be organised and you'll be fine.

Comment

Hi all,

I have an FTE job and a contract outside IR35 at the moment. Both jobs are easy, so I probably spend about 20 hours a week total for both jobs and I get all my work done. I don't even think I would have gotten more output at an office, either. It works perfectly for me right now.

Comment

Hi all,

Of course its possible, what I did I was stopped paying myself through MyCo, but didn't come off the payroll and so give a P45 to the brolly, you are over paying tax on the Inside role being on a BR tax code but it will all get sorted out at the end of the year SA especially if like me you had already taken dividends off before going inside which would push me into the higher bracket.
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

My 'main contract' will be blanket banning PSCs.
                If that is your main job you are going to become the most hated person in contracting soon.

Comment

Hi all,

Go for it.

The only potential issue I see is one of calendar control. Presumably they won't be conjoined so people might be inviting you to things that 'they' see as free time. Until you tell 'em it's not free for some spurious reason.

Otherwise, sounds great to have these opportunities. Make hay, etc.

Comment

Hi all,

you should check the employment contract of your new job. You might not be allowed to take on a contract on the the side.
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                    X