• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract offered with no interview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tale of two contracts

Best - let's call this one Yes Minister
    Interview at a cafe. Lead BA wanting support for contract (junior BA). Public sector / quango. Had a very brief chat on my CV then talked about football and cars (guy was well into Alfa). 18 months, not a brilliant rate but my first contract after a dreadful permie role. Nice workplace: massive booze culture.

Worst - let's call this one Office Space
    No interview as I knew the PM from previous client. Project doomed to fail, psychopathic characters and our team made out as the fall guys. My highest day rate ever, left after 2 months with no other contract.

all other contracts (5, all in FS) had 2 rounds of interviews each and were decent
    Last edited by hungry_hog; 29 January 2021, 20:19.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
      You clearly were not around contracting in 2000.

Java Developers were treated like Kings for while, but all good things eventually come to an end and the crash in late 2001 was nasty.
      I was, it's just the rest of the pompus guff you put around it. It's like watching Jackanory when you post.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        It's like watching Jackanory when you post.
        And it's like listening to a funeral dirge when You post. Get over yourself and grow the F up.

Comment

So did it, indeed, start today?
          ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Had this once with a triple aaa US investment bank! never again !!!! good money but hostile environment the permies did not co-operate at all tough gig because of that (supervisors best mate was rejected for the role I took so he was openly hostile about that from day 1!).
            After 2 months of constant stress, hassle & abuse due to lack of co-operation I found another role with better money around the corner in canary wharf! Still managed to let Head Of HR in the US bank know though the sort of environment this was!!

Comment

Had a couple of contracts with no interview - both went OK.

Comment

I've had four of my best contracts from phone calls with no actual interview. One went like this: "Hello. Look, we're in the sh1t. Can you start today? Like now?"
                Telephone call at 9am and I was being shown a desk by 11, and I ended up there for two years.

Comment

I need closure! What happened?!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    I need closure! What happened?!
                    You asking about Fraidycats situation? If you are then they fell in love and everyone lived happily ever after.

The OP? Not a clue.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

OP never logged in after January
                      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Working...
                      X