• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HSBC inside IR35 contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rocktronAMP View Post
    granted ... and Resource Solutions, surprise surprise, do not fall under the small company exemption 2 out of 3 criteria.
    eh?????
    What's that got to do with the price of fish?
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Resource Solutions are the administrators of the contract. Even if the manager has raised it on the system, it will still probably have to go through layers of sign off. They will probably need to get one of the admins to stop playing with their X-box to do the details.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
        eh?????
        What's that got to do with the price of fish?
        I am conflating. You're correct.
        I surmised if this was a small company exempt from Off Payroll Worker Rules then the OP would be `outside` of scope regarding IR35. It'd be happy days.
        But, my surmising is irrelevant.

Comment

I did a similar contract last year, the contract will come through fine. After that there is the reference checks, that takes 4 weeks. You cannot go onsite without that. They used to ship laptops during Covid, but they have stopped it, I think they had issues procuring laptops. The latest is that you use your own laptop and Citrix or VDI or something I do not know.

It was March last year that HSBC blanket stopped outside IR35 even for consultants from other companies like Accenture. Pretty much everyone moved to inside IR35, or took permie positions or left the company.
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
            ...They used to ship laptops during Covid, but they have stopped it, I think they had issues procuring laptops...
            Tell me about it. I have 3 laptops waiting to be collected. No wonder they have hard time procuring...

Comment

I did a similar contract last year, the contract will come through fine. After that there is the reference checks, that takes 4 weeks. You cannot go onsite without that. They used to ship laptops during Covid, but they have stopped it, I think they had issues procuring laptops. The latest is that you use your own laptop and Citrix or VDI or something I do not know.

It was March last year that HSBC blanket stopped outside IR35 even for consultants from other companies like Accenture. Pretty much everyone moved to inside IR35, or took permie positions or left the company.
              Thanks so much. How many days did you wait..it's been since Monday evening for me.

Also, what type of checks did they do..

For IR35, are you paid through your personal current account..

Comment

Originally posted by BrandNewOne View Post
                We've another post on here at the moment that's made a big mistake not understanding how inside IR35 works and it's costing him dearly. Please do a bit more research about the way you are employed before you do the same.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  We've another post on here at the moment that's made a big mistake not understanding how inside IR35 works and it's costing him dearly. Please do a bit more research about the way you are employed before you do the same.
                  @northernladuk is being unusually polite since 2021. Believe it's his/her's New Year's resolution. Well done! (fingers crossed!)

Comment

Originally posted by BrandNewOne View Post
                    Thanks so much. How many days did you wait..it's been since Monday evening for me.

Also, what type of checks did they do..

Wait days for what ? Contract to come through ? I cannot remember now but most people have only now turned up back at work so be patient, it will definitely come through. Send out a chaser if it has been a week or so, I do remember chasing the recruiter many times.

It was a full blown check on employment/education history, bank and financial checks and criminal checks including Scotland check etc. All in all, takes about 4 weeks, nothing to worry about.

I was paid into my personal account.
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Wait days for what ? Contract to come through ? I cannot remember now but most people have only now turned up back at work so be patient, it will definitely come through. Send out a chaser if it has been a week or so, I do remember chasing the recruiter many times.

It was a full blown check on employment/education history, bank and financial checks and criminal checks including Scotland check etc. All in all, takes about 4 weeks, nothing to worry about.

I was paid into my personal account.
                      Thanks a bunch. Got the contract...only for 6 months. So whatevs. Let's see how it goes. Not sure if it will go longer than 6 months. I was told it might be 2 years in all. Let's see.

Comment

Working...
                      X