• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interview Discretion

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interview Discretion

I have an extension pending but not finalised yet and so looking at contract opportunities.

I have an interview being lined up for next week, however my place of work has casual dress code. So I fear coming in smart wear is going to be a bit of a give away...I'll try to get an early morning or late afternoon slot, so I can at least hid my suit jacket in a bag.

Also checking to seeing if the team manager is out of the office on any day...

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    I have an extension pending but not finalised yet and so looking at contract opportunities.

I have an interview being lined up for next week, however my place of work has casual dress code. So I fear coming in smart wear is going to be a bit of a give away...I'll try to get an early morning or late afternoon slot, so I can at least hid my suit jacket in a bag.

Good to show them you are in demand. Tell them you had some personal business to attend to and leave them guessing.

Comment

Cool story bro. So what's the question?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Cool story bro. So what's the question?
        Not really a question (nor a cool story I would suggest) - just sharing the dilemma in which I am faced with in securing my next mega-peanuts contract assignment.

Comment

Not really a question (nor a cool story I would suggest) - just sharing the dilemma in which I am faced with in securing my next mega-peanuts contract assignment.
          Go half and half and everyone is happy.

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Go half and half and everyone is happy.

He's not in the same niche as you.

Comment

This is why I never go casual on a client site I'm always in a smart dress so people would never know if I'm togged up for a reason.

Plan B - say you've got a court appearance for smuggling snacks into the cinema.

Comment

How "casual" do you dress at your current client?

If it's a shirt & trousers, then fine, you just need to have a jacket and tie with you. If you're in there in ripped jeans and a t-shirt, then you'll have a creased shirt and trousers in your bag.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Eh? You are running a business, there is no need to hide the fact.

Comment

At one place where I was contracting a guy turned up wearing a tie who normally was quite scruffy. So I asked him "Got an interview today?" - and he turned bright read. Highly entertaining.

Don't be a prat, take the day off.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X