• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Funding Circle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funding Circle

Saw that advert for funding circle this evening, (the skipping one).

Anyone ever applied and got a loan? Not sure if it is aimed at techy contractors, the website shows people who run a brewery, cycle shop, etc.

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

You're lucky you only see adverts, I get post from them almost every week.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

They've lent to all sorts of companies. As long as you meet the criteria I don't really think they care what you do.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I am getting weekly post from these guys. Surely after 20+ mailshots they give up.

Comment

Not taken a loan from them but considering being an investor. Cash in MyCo. is earning bugger all, and even if it only returns 2 or 3% after costs it's better than sitting in the co. account doing nothing.

Need to have a chat with the accountant etc. but it does look attractive.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I took a loan from them last year to fund a project I was running. Loan was just to cover subbie costs while in between payment milestones. Worked well and I paid it back early. The project was owning/PMing the IT installations on PSBP school builds.
            Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Not taken a loan from them but considering being an investor. Cash in MyCo. is earning bugger all, and even if it only returns 2 or 3% after costs it's better than sitting in the co. account doing nothing.

Need to have a chat with the accountant etc. but it does look attractive.
              John Falcon at JF Financial has a blog post today about the tax treatment for Funding Circle loans here.

Edit - sorry, that's how to account for receiving the loan, not giving one.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                John Falcon at JF Financial has a blog post today about the tax treatment for Funding Circle loans here.

Edit - sorry, that's how to account for receiving the loan, not giving one.
                How is that related to a funding circle loan. It looks pretty generic about handling any loan? Keyword article?
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  How is that related to a funding circle loan. It looks pretty generic about handling any loan? Keyword article?
                  When I borrow £50k from the bank, the bank gives me £50k. When I borrow £50k from Funding Circle, they give me £48.5k so you have to put the £1500 somewhere else.

As payments are made against the loan, you should then apportion the loan repayment against the loan account and the costs of the loan.

HTH
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    When I borrow £50k from the bank, the bank gives me £50k. When I borrow £50k from Funding Circle, they give me £48.5k so you have to put the £1500 somewhere else.

As payments are made against the loan, you should then apportion the loan repayment against the loan account and the costs of the loan.

HTH
                    I guess Funding Circle probably is not good idea for personal credit card debts. I was very tempted myself by the reading FC mailshots, because I have incurred credit cards debts of £20K+, but then I am glad I didn't. I thought it would be very bad idea. (I know someone else on this forum was worried about obtaining SC clearance and gambling debts of £15K, mate ... ) So I decided to keep business separate from personal and I found a 10 months or so that personal credit cards companies were offering 48 month long-term 0% interest rate and so I did two of them from separate provider. Sadly, this 48 month cards stopped recently, but you might get 30 months or so. Have a look at money super market for advice.

Comment

Working...
                    X