• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agent acting dodgy, how would you respond?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agent acting dodgy, how would you respond?

I've recently found out that when I have been invoicing for half days, the agency I'm at clientco through have been charging for whole days, and pocketing the difference, this was caught out by clientco HR. How would you guys with more experience respond in this situation?

Provide clientco hr with copies of your submitted Timesheets. Let them shaft the agent for fraud.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Nothing.

Your timesheets should be approved by the client first and if the agent decides to "accidentally" get their billing wrong it is up to the client to cross check it.

Oh and make sure you have ways above timesheets to prove you were at Clientco in your last month, otherwise the agent may try to rip you off.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

If your contract with the agency says you're on a day rate send them an invoice for the overall unpaid amount as they've been charging the client correctly.

If the client was only expecting to be billed for the half days you timesheeted and they approved, see what happens with the agency defrauding them, unless they have a contract saying they can bill for full days regardless of time you actually spent working those days. In which case you may have been played by the agency if your contract puts you at a disadvantage when timesheeting part days.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
          If your contract with the agency says you're on a day rate send them an invoice for the overall unpaid amount as they've been charging the client correctly.
          Then you'd be in as much hot water as the agency and actually give them an out. They show the client the invoices and blame you.

If the client was only expecting to be billed for the half days you timesheeted and they approved, see what happens with the agency defrauding them, unless they have a contract saying they can bill for full days regardless of time you actually spent working those days. In which case you may have been played by the agency if your contract puts you at a disadvantage when timesheeting part days.
          No it doesn't. The contract is to get paid for the days worked. That's exactly what the contractor got. No disadvantage. If the agency want to play silly buggers with the client that's their problem.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tiggat View Post
            I've recently found out that when I have been invoicing for half days, the agency I'm at clientco through have been charging for whole days, and pocketing the difference, this was caught out by clientco HR. How would you guys with more experience respond in this situation?
            What does your contract say about billing - is it by the hour, half-day or day? What does the contract between the client and the agency state about billing?

At the end of the day, it's nothing to do with you as long as you are invoicing the agency correctly. How the agency processes your invoice is a matter for the agency and client to resolve.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              What does your contract say about billing - is it by the hour, half-day or day? What does the contract between the client and the agency state about billing?

At the end of the day, it's nothing to do with you as long as you are invoicing the agency correctly. How the agency processes your invoice is a matter for the agency and client to resolve.
              Correct.

Stay out of it unless asked to provide copies of timesheets. It's an agency to client issue.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I would agree - first check the contract allows for half day billing....

If not, I'm betting agent is "accidentally on purpose" billing the whole day to the client. They'll blame the system.

But let client deal with and ensure you've been honest and can prove it.
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Nothing to do, client HR have found out and will deal with it.

No point in getting involved in a bun fight, as a lawyer might advise say nothing and ensure your invoices are correct and paid.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    I would agree - first check the contract allows for half day billing....

If not, I'm betting agent is "accidentally on purpose" billing the whole day to the client. They'll blame the system.

But let client deal with and ensure you've been honest and can prove it.
                    OP will not have access to the agency to client contract.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X