• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jobserv : Personalise (address agent) each application..?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
    but rarely agents allows discussions on role, most of the time it will be diverted to VM! if they take the call max then will do is standard response " we got 100s of CV for this job, we will review and contact you if your CV is suitable"
    That's not my (very) recent experience, when I've called they seemed surprised and very happy talk about the role.

Comment

but rarely agents allows discussions on role, most of the time it will be diverted to VM! if they take the call max then will do is standard response " we got 100s of CV for this job, we will review and contact you if your CV is suitable"
      Usual level of pap achieved.

Have you ever stopped to consider that it might not be agents that are the real problem?
      Last edited by northernladuk; 25 August 2017, 15:15.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Have you spoken to the agent yet before sending your application in?
        Lots of Jobswerve ads pre empt this approach. They dont give contact numbers or email addresses plus stick 'as we get so many applications, if you havent heard anything in 7 days blah, blah, blah.'

to answer the OP, no, most of them wont read the email.

Comment

Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post
          Lots of Jobswerve ads pre empt this approach. They dont give contact numbers or email addresses plus stick 'as we get so many applications, if you havent heard anything in 7 days blah, blah, blah.'

I wouldn't apply for that sort of role. If the agent doesn't know their job well enough to reveal contact details, I don't want to deal with them
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post

If they do that they are likely fishing.

I've been sent roles via email and been put forward then 1-4 hours later seen the role appear on Jobserve with that tulip in it. In one case I even had an interview lined up before the role appeared on the job board.

Incidentally you may as well still apply as if your CV is interesting the agent will phone up to talk to you, and you will get on their mailing list to get the roles before they end up on the job board.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              If they do that they are likely fishing.

I've been sent roles via email and been put forward then 1-4 hours later seen the role appear on Jobserve with that tulip in it. In one case I even had an interview lined up before the role appeared on the job board.

Incidentally you may as well still apply as if your CV is interesting the agent will phone up to talk to you, and you will get on their mailing list to get the roles before they end up on the job board.
              Totally agree.

One of my agents recently contacted me & agreed to submit my CV for a role. During that discussion she mentioned next day that role will be advertised in Jobsev as that is the company policy!. So by the time 100's started applying for that job in Jobserve, my CV is already reached client!

Comment

I don't bother. I don't really see the point in wasting each others time.

The majority of agents are just buzzword matchers. They'll open the CV and then ctrl f the keywords and if you match enough, they put you on a list to call.

The better agents aren't particularly put off by this approach either as they know the score and will tend to have you on a list of people to call when a role comes up.

Of course, if you're trying to push for a role that you can't easily match in buzzword bingo, calling the agent and explaining why whilst your skills don't pass an obvious match they do meet the general requirement and they might put you through to the client.

Comment

Totally agree.

One of my agents recently contacted me & agreed to submit my CV for a role. During that discussion she mentioned next day that role will be advertised in Jobsev as that is the company policy!. So by the time 100's started applying for that job in Jobserve, my CV is already reached client!
                  What feedback did you get from that?
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Totally agree.

Why don't you call the agent back and ask them to walk you through how they work. Might be a good learning curve looking at the recent raft of posts about agency behaviour.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X