• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Help required with silverlink

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help required with silverlink

Posting here to get some sensible advice. I have read http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ilverlink.html

Just got a phone call with an offer. After alot of calls from them which I ignored as I thought it was a scam, I have actually got offer documents!

In earlier emails they were talking about CHF550 a day - take home roughly 6861 CHF/month equals £5500/month take home.

They want onboarding details. All of which are in my CV. There are a couple of forms to sign for onboarding - which look fairly standard.

The only new thing is request for a passport copy. And lots of agencies already have that.

Please tell me what I am missing.

Thanks

So you've got all the clients details, role spec or information on what you'll be doing?

You had a telephone interview as well? Who with? Client or Silverlink?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      So you've got all the clients details, role spec or information on what you'll be doing?
      Silverlink are the agent. There is then an intermediary. There is then the end client - a bank. There is a job title, and an outline of the role. And skills required. I can do it very easily.

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      You had a telephone interview as well? Who with? Client or Silverlink?
      There was a phone call with intermediary. It was about 5 minutes. Bland questions, I gave bland answers. Like describe ITIL! Client name only came in the contract.

I am wondering if the intermediary put in a low tender with the bank. Got in a load of offshore people. Client then got upset. They need someone to steady the ship before I get booted out? I recognize that as being best case.

Its very odd isn't it?

Comment

CHF? The contract is in Switzerland?

Do your due diligence before you go. Insist on getting registered in the canton, a work visa and proper payment details before you sign anything.

And don't forget your health insurance.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

Do your due diligence before you go. Insist on getting registered, a work visa and proper payment details before you sign anything.

Oh, and depending on where the contract is, 550CHF is nowhere near enough.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Have a look here for up-to-date details on working in Switzerland: https://www.ch.ch/en/working-switzerland-eu-efta/

Comment

+1. My invoice for expenses last month is £3500 (that's 4 weeks of travelling with no markup excluding airfares which the client pays globally)... If the hotel fees don't kill you the taxis / ubers will... Also that's not Swiss prices just India, Finland and Austria...
              Last edited by eek; 4 July 2017, 19:51.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Do your due diligence before you go. Insist on getting registered in the canton, a work visa and proper payment details before you sign anything.

That has all been proposed. If I go further(unlikely) I will get that all done first.

Have a look here for up-to-date details on working in Switzerland: https://www.ch.ch/en/working-switzerland-eu-efta/
                Useful! Cheers! It looks to me as if Silverlink have covered all the bases, however I m going to have another read.

Originally posted by eek View Post
                +1. My invoice for expenses last month is £3500 (that's 4 weeks of travelling with no markup excluding airfares which the client pays globally)... If the hotel fees don't kill you the taxis / ubers will... Also that's not Swiss prices just India, Finland and Austria...
                I did not look at the expenses as I thought it was a scam judging from other CUK posts. So I am only looking now. At the moment I would need to go home every weekend. So that means about £1500-£2000 a month in air fares. £1000 a month on hotels(cheap ones). Then food.

On a take home of £5500 it does not go far. Shame the wife will not join me. Even then the hotel costs might make it very difficult. I looked at GEneva once for renting and that was bad enough.

Looks like it is back to square one then. Shame as I worked in Zurich for 3 months in 1989. All expenses paid. Its a fantastic place.

Comment

If despite all the warnings on this board you go ahead with an India based agency, we wish you good luck and all we can do is hope you're not coming back crying and bankrupt from Switzerland.
                  Locals laugh about a day rate of CHF550, looks like you will be placed in a team with HCL, Tata, wipro or one of the alikes
                  CHF900+ starts to make sense, especially at banks
                  Last edited by Eirikur; 5 July 2017, 09:31.

Comment

I found out the hard way about

- Working for an indian recruiter
                    - Working for an indian IT supplier
                    - Working in Europe

... all at the same time.

First and foremost you need to make sure you can actually operate as a Ltd company wherever it is you are going. Couldnt do that in the Netherlands so I had to basically go 'inside IR35' on what was 500 euros per day. With the travelling, Dutch taxes and whatnot, i would have been better off with a 200 per day gig in the UK.

Then when you actually want to get paid, let's just say there isn't so much hurry to pay you without a hitch.

Never again.

Comment

Working...
                    X