• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Help required with silverlink

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PokemonStay View Post
    So that means about £1500-£2000 a month in air fares. £1000 a month on hotels(cheap ones). Then food.
    • £1000 a month on hotels(cheap ones) - more likely that will be, "per week", not per month?

• I would suggest that if you accept this contract, you will have Zero net income per month?

• Anything less than CHF900 per day you might was well take a low-level support role, based in the UK?
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      If despite all the warnings on this board you go ahead with an India based agency, we wish you good luck and all we can do is hope you're not coming back crying and bankrupt from Switzerland.
      Locals laugh about a day rate of CHF550, looks like you will be placed in a team with HCL, Tata, wipro or one of the alikes
      CHF900+ starts to make sense, especially at banks
      You anticipated my next question. Next time I won't settle for < 900.

Originally posted by nucastle View Post
      I found out the hard way about

- Working for an indian recruiter
      - Working for an indian IT supplier
      - Working in Europe

... all at the same time.

First and foremost you need to make sure you can actually operate as a Ltd company wherever it is you are going. Couldnt do that in the Netherlands so I had to basically go 'inside IR35' on what was 500 euros per day. With the travelling, Dutch taxes and whatnot, i would have been better off with a 200 per day gig in the UK.

Then when you actually want to get paid, let's just say there isn't so much hurry to pay you without a hitch.

Never again.
      Ouch. Sorry to hear that. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
        • £1000 a month on hotels(cheap ones) - more likely that will be, "per week", not per month?

• I would suggest that if you accept this contract, you will have Zero net income per month?

• Anything less than CHF900 per day you might was well take a low-level support role, based in the UK?
        I am starting to see that now.

Comment

Update - I have turned down the role. By email. They keep calling from various numbers that are now all blocked.

Looking back I must have been mad. Like when I got into a loan scheme.

Hopefully my experience will serve as a warning to others?

Comment

Update - I have turned down the role. By email. They keep calling from various numbers that are now all blocked.

Well done!
            My blocked Indian agency list must be well over 50 now and they keep getting through with new numbers. Most of their numbers seem to start with 0203 but others are being used as well including a more recent incline of Birmingham based numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
              Well done!
              My blocked Indian agency list must be well over 50 now and they keep getting through with new numbers. Most of their numbers seem to start with 0203 but others are being used as well including a more recent incline of Birmingham based numbers

You got a gmail filter list handy you can copy paste? I'm curating a list of agencies but you might be able to save some of us a lot of hard work

Comment

Originally posted by nucastle View Post
                You got a gmail filter list handy you can copy paste? I'm curating a list of agencies but you might be able to save some of us a lot of hard work
                Below word filters would block 90% of them (known and unknown as well).

CTC
                Current Salary (In Detail)
                Desired Salary & Package
                Expectation
                Reasons For Leaving

Comment

If the rate was the issue, Did you not ask for substantially more before declining?

Should have asked for more or asked for all expenses to be paid and see what they say.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
                    If the rate was the issue, Did you not ask for substantially more before declining?

Should have asked for more or asked for all expenses to be paid and see what they say.
                    I really wouldn't do that with an indian outsourcing them. What to them is acceptable living conditions to me is often things I wouldn't want my enemies cat living it...
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      I really wouldn't do that with an indian outsourcing them. What to them is acceptable living conditions to me is often things I wouldn't want my enemies cat living it...
                      Exactly.

I just got an email from them asking me to apply for the role I turned down. Including my desired rate. 1100 CHF/day? haha

Comment

Working...
                      X