• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Questions to ask during interview to filter out tulip clients

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Yes if done badly

No if done well
    It a spec says fast paced then it's not done well, I did not see any exception yet.

Comment

You can ask:
      • The stage of the project, if it's a new implementation or maintainance.
      • If it's a long term project or not.
      • The status of the budget.
      • The objectives
      • How the teams are organized.

etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
        You can ask:
        • The stage of the project, if it's a new implementation or maintainance.
        • If it's a long term project or not.
        • The status of the budget.
        • The objectives
        • How the teams are organized.

etc...
        You could but would of the answers to any of those actually be relevant to a contractor making a decision as to whether they should take the gig or not? If you believe so could you expand you reply to show which do and why please?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I wish I was in a position to pick and choose clients at the moment!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            You could but would of the answers to any of those actually be relevant to a contractor making a decision as to whether they should take the gig or not? If you believe so could you expand you reply to show which do and why please?
            This is not what the OP wants.

The OP wants to know a way to filter the clients by asking questions, in addition, if you don't ask questions you don't show interest in the gig, you lose the opportunity to have an active position in the interview and lose the gig. This is basic.

If it's relevant to make a decision I think the answer is obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
              This is not what the OP wants.

The OP wants to know a way to filter the clients by asking questions, in addition, if you don't ask questions you don't show interest in the gig, you lose the opportunity to have an active position in the interview and lose the gig. This is basic.

If it's relevant to make a decision I think the answer is obvious.
              Well your questions are purely project related and will change per project so not sure how they will filter the clients and there is a big difference between showing some interest in a project and asking a list of inane questions.

If the interview goes well the chat will flow and all this will come out. In my experience if it gets to the point the contractor has to ask a load of questions the interview hasn't gone well.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Well your questions are purely project related and will change per project so not sure how they will filter the clients and there is a big difference between showing some interest in a project and asking a list of inane questions.

If the interview goes well the chat will flow and all this will come out. In my experience if it gets to the point the contractor has to ask a load of questions the interview hasn't gone well.
                Or the interviewer is a complete clueless feckwit
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

If it’s so complex for you and it’s giving you bad results, don't ask.
                  Simples.

Comment

Originally posted by Criticular View Post
                    Answering my own question: a "fast paced environment" or "delivery focused environment" in a spec is a red flag. Any other ideas?

Comment

I was recently asked the classic question 'what are you hoping to get from this role' question. I thought it was odd to ask a contractor that and basically replied it wasn't their job to do anything for me.

Comment

Working...
                      X