• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Questions to ask during interview to filter out tulip clients

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DieScum View Post
    Great question. I try and avoid working in terrible places so definitely worth thinking about this.

My favourite is "How do you share knowledge amongst teams?". I'm looking to see whether they are just baffled by the question or whether they have good systems in places (wikis, yammer) stuff like that. Tells me a lot.

A quick look at the office is good as well. If there are card entrance security doors everywhere (above and beyond sane security), including on the toilets and tired office furniture with miserable looking peons in then it's not a good nice. Also just the state of the toilets in general tell me a lot about whether I want to spend a chunk of my life there.
    You'd turn down lucrative gigs based on all that and sit on the bench happy you didn't take it??

Wish I could be so picky.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      You'd turn down lucrative gigs based on all that and sit on the bench happy you didn't take it??

Wish I could be so picky.
      Ha ha. Yeah, I'm picky. I've done my time and happy to pick and choose now.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        What?

With the market the way it is at the moment if you are lucky to get an interview, the only answer you need to know is "Do they pay their bills on time?"...

Comment

Answering my own question: a "fast paced environment" or "delivery focused environment" in a spec is a red flag. Any other ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Criticular View Post
            Answering my own question: a "fast paced environment" or "delivery focused environment" in a spec is a red flag. Any other ideas?
            It is? Why? Sounds just the job that.

Comment

Maybe the OP is ex Accenture
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

If it's not a euphemism for "chaos and everyone runs around like a headless chicken" then it can be great.

Comment

Those sound like you won't be bored and neither will you end up spending weeks in pointless paperwork explaining abstract concepts like 'risk' to idiots who are supposed to understand.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by missinggreenfields View Post
                    If it's not a euphemism for "chaos and everyone runs around like a headless chicken" then it can be great.
                    Wherest muck thes brass.

Comment

Originally posted by missinggreenfields View Post
                      Yes if done badly

No if done well

Comment

Working...
                      X