• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indian recruitment consultancies operating in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think of infoplus?

Comment

Originally posted by en184 View Post
      Over a few weeks in negotiation with "Avance" for a role in Austria with HCL....

Eventually an offer came through..for 580 per day...contract signed and returned..

Due to start Monday (in 3 days).agency never returned the signed contract...then Text to stay the start date was agreed in the contract was not certain..and not to make any travel plans..refused to give me the name of the end client

I said..that's fine..I will keep working where I am..

They suddenly went silent....

BEWARE..THEY ARE NOT TRUSTWORTHY.
      what are contracts with HCL like?

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
        Did a stint with them 3 years ago. We agreed to "part ways" after a few weeks. First time that's ever happened to me in 28 years of contracting.

YMMV.
        Hey

Are any of these Indian recruitment companies a member of REC*?

If not, then may be that the question that will help us all out to filter.

*https://www.rec.uk.com/ The Recruitment and Employment Confederation

Comment

Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post
          what are contracts with HCL like?
          White, with black writing on. About A4 sized. Might be a couple pages.

HTH.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by en184 View Post
            Over a few weeks in negotiation with "Avance" for a role in Austria with HCL....

Eventually an offer came through..for 580 per day...contract signed and returned..

Due to start Monday (in 3 days).agency never returned the signed contract...then Text to stay the start date was agreed in the contract was not certain..and not to make any travel plans..refused to give me the name of the end client

I said..that's fine..I will keep working where I am..

They suddenly went silent....

BEWARE..THEY ARE NOT TRUSTWORTHY.
            Sounds like they've used you to get the contract then exercised their right of substitution before you even started it! Utter filth.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Indians are mostly nice guys, just trying to survive. Corporate classes are managing this really. They are saying: We have other cheaper people to do the same as what you are doing. It is what happened in the industrial evolution and now is happening with a globalism twist.

I don't like that they eat with their fingers I mean after using the keyboard, I mean the keyboard has more germs than the toilet I believe.. I do that at home ... but is different.. no one will know.
              Last edited by europetractor; 30 January 2017, 18:42.

Comment

Originally posted by europetractor View Post
                Indians are mostly nice guys, just trying to survive. Corporate classes are managing this really. They are saying: We have other cheaper people to do the same as what you are doing. It is what happened in the industrial evolution and now is happening with a globalism twist.
                Yep, and I'm already seeing Indian outsourcers muscled out by newcomers.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  Sounds like they've used you to get the contract then exercised their right of substitution before you even started it! Utter filth.
                  This is so bad.
                  Is this common?

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    Yep, and I'm already seeing Indian outsourcers muscled out by newcomers.
                    How do you mean? I thought the Romanians were more into pickpocketing than IT?
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

And washing cars

Comment

Working...
                      X