• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indian recruitment consultancies operating in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, invariably goddamn awful.

Comment

Felix International is another one to watch out for

Comment

I wouldn't call it as a spam, but these Indian recruitment companies are clueless on how the UK market works and especially contracting. Because there is no such thing as contracting in India. Therefore their standard template asks annual salary (they tend to call it as CTC - Cost to Company, a weird terminology). And their rates are too low (I believe they multiply it with INR exchange rate and satisfy themselves it a good rate...lol) that I wouldn't get out of my bed even in dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by itjobs View Post
          I wouldn't call it as a spam, but these Indian recruitment companies are clueless on how the UK market works and especially contracting. Because there is no such thing as contracting in India. Therefore their standard template asks annual salary (they tend to call it as CTC - Cost to Company, a weird terminology). And their rates are too low (I believe they multiply it with INR exchange rate and satisfy themselves it a good rate...lol) that I wouldn't get out of my bed even in dreams.
          CTC is not weird at all, it's actually a better measure than salary. A permie costs his employer a lot more than straight salary.

Nevertheless, all such agencies are best avoided. They make most of our domestic ones look good.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
            Nevertheless, all such agencies are best avoided. They make most of our domestic ones look good.
            A large insurer with whom I've had repeat business now uses an Indian agency as it's one preferred supplier.

Nothing, of course, to do with the new Indian IT Programme Manager who calls the shots

I hope this isn't the start of a new trend. Won't be long and the whole industry will be a closed shop.

Hopefully, by then, I will have hung my keyboard up.
            Last edited by The Plantswoman; 26 August 2016, 09:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
              It looks like they are intensifying, the last few weeks I got calls on an almost daily basis from new ones I have never heard of before, as soon as I do get a call from them, I block their numbers, but they still get through to voicemail. They always send an email at the same time, no matter which agency, always the same email as the OP posted. Which makes me think they are all part of the same scamming organistaion.

(Don't get fooled by their emails and calls, whatever it says, they are not based in the UK, they all call from boiler rooms in India)
              Their addresses are all buildings used for registered offices in strange parts of London, Birmingham etc.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

None of these ever contact me ... I feel unloved
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

They have become a real pest over the last couple of days. Now also calling from what look like Birmingham numbers, also on the bankholiday (more proof they are actually calling from India else they would have known it was a bankholiday)

Some examples from the last couple of days including bankholiday Monday
                  Smartedge (3 different callers/emailers about the same role)
                  Aguila same role as above
                  L&G same role as above

I now hang up immediately if I hear a strong Indian accent The blocked number list keeps growing and growing
                  Last edited by Eirikur; 1 September 2016, 07:56.

Comment

heh - I had a call about a role in Central London from one of these agencies

Central London turned out to be in Welwyn Garden City!

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                      They have become a real pest over the last couple of days. Now also calling from what look like Birmingham numbers, also on the bankholiday (more proof they are actually calling from India else they would have known it was a bankholiday)

Some examples from the last couple of days including bankholiday Monday
                      Smartedge (3 different callers/emailers about the same role)
                      Aguila same role as above
                      L&G same role as above

I now hang up immediately if I hear a strong Indian accent The blocked number list keeps growing and growing
                      You can block but they will find you.....
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X