• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
    Niches are fine while they is still a market for that niche.
    Its simple thermodynamics. Every niche turns to sh*t eventually. Its a matter of timing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

you can. It's just a commuting cost. Like with a job.
      Which is what it is really.
      If the viability of your commute depends on being able to expense travel and accommodation then it isn't really a commute.

Comment

Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post

I'm finding it taking 2-3 times quicker, but I'm pretty fast and good at coaching my skills, also skipping a lot of the agile fluff and cancelling ceremonies
        The trouble with Indian offshoring is that a lot of devs don't stick around coding (hard to find seniors) and trying to get into management and the best ones leave the country

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post

If the viability of your commute depends on being able to expense travel and accommodation then it isn't really a commute.
          it's still a commute. Just one you cannot afford to do.
          Say for example if you live in Hull and get a cleaners job in Cornwall. That's still a commute, just unaffordable.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post

I can cope with a commute but staying away from home during the week is unlikely with an Inside contract unless it is serious money or they are paying expenses.

Comment

happy perm atm but noticing less recruiters phoning about contracts

Comment

legend

contract?

Comment

Getting quite a few calls for Inside Roles. Usually for consultancy firms, with an end client in an undesirable industry, needing to be on-site. Yuck.

Big difference to this time last year when phone was ringing off the hook

Comment

Originally posted by ResistanceFighter View Post
                    Getting quite a few calls for Inside Roles. Usually for consultancy firms, with an end client in an undesirable industry, needing to be on-site. Yuck.

You mean you don't fancy doing 4 days onsite with a pensions company in Slough with Karen from HR noting how many times you go to the toilet?
                    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by ResistanceFighter View Post

looks like ill sit in this perm tech lead role a bit longer - at least i avoid most of the grunt work

Comment

Working...
                      X