• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

If that's how you interpreted it.

I interpreted as him telling the poster who ask the dumb question to piss off.
    if there is anyone that cares anymore about standards:

Professional

The Professional areas of the forum consist of "Welcome / FAQs", "Business / Contracts", "Accounting / Legal", "Technical" and any sub-forums they may hold.

In these areas of the forum we expect our forum members to:

1. Be polite.

Do not personally attack other forum users. Do not swear or post content that other users are likely to find offensive.

Comment

Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post
      I guess another mod butt hurt with the deserved inactivity here, do you normally tell your fellow contractors to piss off?

laughable
      Yes, piss off.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Yes, piss off.
        No no!

Apologise to KentDogWalker
        And stop pretending to be thick before you get banned

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

i guess no one cares anymore about standards here

Comment

state of the market must be bad when people give states of the market and senior users tell people to piss off

Comment

state of the market must be bad when people give states of the market and senior users tell people to piss off

Is that senior as in ?

Comment

Number of Jobserve jobs seems to be high.

Lots of agents asking about availability or do I know anyone available...
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Lots of agents asking about availability or do I know anyone available...
                  Been happening to me since beginning of year. Still with same client. Other contractors have gone back to old clients if there is a gap in projects.
                  Last edited by SueEllen; 22 September 2022, 14:43.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

With the current financial market turmoil and now widely expected rise in base rates to 6% next year, now seems a good time to make hay when the sun shines, relatively speaking.

An interesting analysis on Sky suggested a 6% interest rate would equate to 14% back in the late 80s, taking into account how households are much more indebted today with lower salaries relative to mortgages.

It seems that any sector which is heavily exposed to discretionary consumer spending and the housing market is going to take a significant hit. I've recently finished a gig in the hospitality industry and I fear for my client who has been planning a largescale expansion. Just about to start with a new client in the insurance sector so fingers crossed I can ride things out the next six months.

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
                      With the current financial market turmoil and now widely expected rise in base rates to 6% next year, now seems a good time to make hay when the sun shines, relatively speaking.

An interesting analysis on Sky suggested a 6% interest rate would equate to 14% back in the late 80s, taking into account how households are much more indebted today with lower salaries relative to mortgages.

It seems that any sector which is heavily exposed to discretionary consumer spending and the housing market is going to take a significant hit. I've recently finished a gig in the hospitality industry and I fear for my client who has been planning a largescale expansion. Just about to start with a new client in the insurance sector so fingers crossed I can ride things out the next six months.
                      I think you need to be aiming to ride out the next year, IMO

I've managed to dodge downturns and recessions in the past. I'm less confident this time around.

Comment

Working...
                      X