• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post

So what would you rather use for the same impact?

I've also heard that in DevOps you can run 2 to 3 contracts at the same time
    I'm happy with using those techs. Yes, sometimes there's a bit of waiting around involved and potentially that could open up the possibility of serving a second contract, but I really couldn't be bothered juggling two contracts, co-ordinating meetings, etc. Maybe if I was a bit younger/hungrier.

Comment

Back on the boards and finding things a little slow. No end of calls about "Job opportunities" from "IT Solutions Tech Sys Info Solutions Tech Systems", though.
      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
        Back on the boards and finding things a little slow. No end of calls about "Job opportunities" from "IT Solutions Tech Sys Info Solutions Tech Systems", though.
        Are they with 'prestigious clients'?

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post

No idea, I could ask but the person answering would just read the next line off their script.
          ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

A rather worrying number of potential clients offering inside roles on outside day rates.

"Can you get your client to move up from that?" say I

Besuited agent: "No, that's their budget"

"You know they could make it Outside for free and get better candidates, right?"

Besuited agent: ? ? ?
            Last edited by PerfectStorm; 5 August 2022, 10:47.
            ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post

they must be with "top tier" Banks. It's never a "second tier" bank, or an "averagely awful" retail Bank.
              RBS must be so pleased to be classed with the likes of Rothschild and Lazard.

Comment

"You know they could make it Outside for free and get better candidates, right?"
                For the client, it's not necessarily about the cost, its about the risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

For the client, it's not necessarily about the cost, its about the risk.
                  But my point - and I think everyone here knows this - is that mitigating that risk, while remaining outside of IR35, is free, if you choose to do so.

Make your roles Outside in contract and in reality, and you'll get better candidates for the same money. Who wouldn't want to do that
                  ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

But my point - and I think everyone here knows this - is that mitigating that risk, while remaining outside of IR35, is free, if you choose to do so.

Make your roles Outside in contract and in reality, and you'll get better candidates for the same money. Who wouldn't want to do that
                    Bit of wishful thinking that it's just that simple to change it from INSIDE to OUTSIDE...
                    It's not you who is responsible for paying that, right?
                    Also if it's OUTSIDE role they may as well cut the comp by 20-25%.

BOE says recession next year, along with the tech bubble bursting, they'll soon be reducing that rate and getting multiple candidates OR maybe axing the position as more people are forced into office to produce stuff instead of chill at home.

Comment

Anyone here who thinks a contract could be outside doesn’t understand how risk adverse large clients are and how good HMRC’s campaign to scare end clients has been.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X