• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm getting lots of calls from agents but not so many interviews.

In a role atm at a lower rate so looking to move

Comment

Market seems in good shape at the moment for both contract and permanent roles for my skillset (UX/UI Design).

Receiving a lot of calls and interview requests for contract roles paying 550-650 a day (inside ir35) and permanent roles paying basic yearly salaries in the 65-80k region.

All the roles I'm looking at are 100% remote.

Comment

In my world roles seem to be fewer, but they all seem to be pitching at the right price/seniority. I actually responded to an agent with a bit of a gamble price wise, and they responded within minutes to say they'd submitted me to the client at the rate.

So, actually, even IR35 doesn't seem to be causing me much grief so long as I can work remotely. Though I have got an outside interview in a few days - will be interested to hear that what they have to say, or if I've been span a line!

Receiving a lot of calls and interview requests for contract roles paying 550-650 a day (inside ir35) and permanent roles paying basic yearly salaries in the 65-80k region.
        Not paying attention to permie, but similar world here - and these are roles that would have been 400-450 a few years back so not too shabby

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
          Market seems in good shape at the moment for both contract and permanent roles for my skillset (UX/UI Design).

Things are moving in an interesting direction. I'm not looking for anything, but the phone offers are up to 20% higher daily rate for contract and the permie salaries are over 30% higher than a couple of years ago. Permie packages are also getting interesting - they used to be 5% non-con pensions. Now seeing offers of 15%, and annual bonuses at similar levels. It used to be that you'd look at the base salary and rule it out on that, now there could be another 30% on top of that, which throws some of the calculations and assumptions way out.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post

Note that although they are happy with fully remote they want you to be in the UK. I've got refused after my interview because I told them I was abroad even thought I have an address in London and is settled in UK

Comment

Originally posted by cwah View Post

Note that although they are happy with fully remote they want you to be in the UK. I've got refused after my interview because I told them I was abroad even thought I have an address in London and is settled in UK
              oops. Why????
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Market is great. Or was. Got 3 contracts in 2 weeks.. feel like a prized pig.

As we approach the dead end of 2021. I hope this happens again and again.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

oops. Why????
                  Why I told them I'm abroad or why they refused me?

For the first because I'm a honest chap and for the 2nd they didn't say why but that they wanted someone in the Uk for security purpose. Not sure what that means. I thought it was for tax reason
                  Last edited by cwah; 9 November 2021, 19:49.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandNewOne View Post
                    Market is great. Or was. Got 3 contracts in 2 weeks.. feel like a prized pig.
                    How many did you accept?

Comment

???????

Comment

Working...
                      X