• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    The market is really quite good atm. I’m being a bit picky on rates, no discounts and still getting interviews. Plenty of low ballers still out there offering lockdown rates but they’ll figure it out soon.
    yeah lowballers annoyng and also the fully remote ones still wanting a discount of £100 from re market outside

Comment

The market is really quite good atm. I’m being a bit picky on rates, no discounts and still getting interviews. Plenty of low ballers still out there offering lockdown rates but they’ll figure it out soon.
      I agree, applied for few roles over the weekend and several calls, the rates seems to have gone up, I was going for a 10% increase on my existing rate but now aiming for 20% as a minimum. One interview booked for tomorrow.

Comment

I got an email in my inbox the other day from NL with a role based in India.

It's a recruiter whose contacted me before.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

On the bench as of Monday, still more Inside gigs than outside.

And the ones that are outside the pimps are taking the Proverbial on rate. Plus la change.

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

There seems to be something afoot. I will occasionally receive emails from pimps offering me something that proves they've never read my CV but this week I received something that wasn't bad fit AND they phoned to follow up after a couple of days because I didn't respond.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              There seems to be something afoot. I will occasionally receive emails from pimps offering me something that proves they've never read my CV but this week I received something that wasn't bad fit AND they phoned to follow up after a couple of days because I didn't respond.
              250k pimps just ended their 18 month xbox marathon and now need to earn a crust for Christmas otherwise they'll starve to death?

Comment

lol xbox so true

Comment

Lots of LI requests this morning about gigs (both permy and outside), I thought: This is odd for a Monday.

qh
                  He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

I'm currenty finding the matches are fairly good for the agents that call.
                    Rates either around asking, or low but agent is willing to go back to client to ask for more money, more information or both.
                    Its like some kind of agency 'service'.

The only thing that hasn't changed are the Indian agencies with rates £200-300 below market, asking if I can negotiate.

Comment

I'm currenty finding the matches are fairly good for the agents that call.
                      Rates either around asking, or low but agent is willing to go back to client to ask for more money, more information or both.
                      Its like some kind of agency 'service'.

The only thing that hasn't changed are the Indian agencies with rates £200-300 below market, asking if I can negotiate.
                      Happy to.

risk of none payment means my rates start £400 higher and I’m happy to meet half way.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X