• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whooa whooa time out time out

I'm already ashamed enough I can't meet them, no need to rub it in

Gotta give me some credit here. Number of calls to desk, time spent on incident and follow up calls by the customer stats would all drop through the floor which is a good thing no? Customer satisfaction might be a sticking point however....

Thank god the advert did mention understanding customers problems and providing accurate and useful information
    Last edited by northernladuk; 3 September 2021, 10:39.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Its been a pretty tough 18 months for a lot of contractors but the market is starting to really pick up now for developers. I dont think I can ever remember my phone being so busy as it has been this week, its been many years since I have known it to be like this

Its getting back to pre covid/pre Ir35 levels and the pleasant surprise is there are still lots of outside gigs becoming available

Comment

So the executive salary is that it job market is booming again?

can anyone comment specifically on finance and London and whether there has been a pick up in that space?

Comment

yas, but not for LondonPM's.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post

there are a few posts on reddit about it but not quite sure if it is only america related or happens the same in britain as well.
            The East Coast Perm market diverged from the U.K about 2 years prior to the pandemic i.e. $285k base for Lead Consultants (25 Years exp.) out of D.C, not partner level. Corporate-to-Corporate day rates started to climb up to $2500-$3250 pd, therefore, with a good pipeline of work a consultant can bring in $500k-$750k per year of revenue, not to mention the value-add around change programmes.

Someone further up asked about contract PM roles in the City Of London, they have been steadily been moving these out of London for years, can't see that market getting any better tbh and it was in a poor state prior to the pandemic because of this.
            Last edited by Bluenose; 13 September 2021, 13:16.

Comment

concerned why this thread is so dead now

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenose View Post

The East Coast Perm market diverged from the U.K about 2 years prior to the pandemic i.e. $285k base for Lead Consultants (25 Years exp.) out of D.C, not partner level. Corporate-to-Corporate day rates started to climb up to $2500-$3250 pd, therefore, with a good pipeline of work a consultant can bring in $500k-$750k per year of revenue, not to mention the value-add around change programmes.

Someone further up asked about contract PM roles in the City Of London, they have been steadily been moving these out of London for years, can't see that market getting any better tbh and it was in a poor state prior to the pandemic because of this.
                id move to the states for that money

Comment

Originally posted by founder View Post
                  Because we're all too busy working?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	flat-line-heartbeat.gif
Views:	482
Size:	406.7 KB
ID:	4183247
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

What else is there to add? More people posting anecdotal evidence the market is booming/dead based on a snap shot of how many calls they got this week?
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X