• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just finishing up a six month outside gig and they’ve offered me a 12 month extension. I’ve got 3 friends / colleagues onboard as well.

I’m fielding calls / LinkedIn messages most weeks now from recruiters, from speaking with some agencies and recruiters I’d say it’s the busiest it’s been since before covid.

Taking a month off between the renewal and also negotiated a 4 day week.

Comment

Originally posted by bownyboy View Post
      Just finishing up a six month outside gig and they’ve offered me a 12 month extension. I’ve got 3 friends / colleagues onboard as well.

I’m fielding calls / LinkedIn messages most weeks now from recruiters, from speaking with some agencies and recruiters I’d say it’s the busiest it’s been since before covid.

Taking a month off between the renewal and also negotiated a 4 day week.

Esp for the 4 day week. I need to do that but I have too many holidays to pay for

Comment

Desktop Support Analyst, Banking, London, 6 month contract, £100 per day

Bank of Nigeria ?

Comment

Originally posted by Destiny2 View Post
          Desktop Support Analyst, Banking, London, 6 month contract, £100 per day

Bank of Nigeria ?
          That's not really out of the norm for a first line call handler. There are some worse ones on the same page. It does say
          • An interest in IT nice to have but not essential.
          • BTEC/A-Level in IT/Computer Science nice to have but not essential.
          So it's really the lowest of the low when it comes to required skills. 2k a month for having next to zero skills and education sounds like a bloody great gig
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

That's not really out of the norm for a first line call handler. There are some worse ones on the same page. It does say
            • An interest in IT nice to have but not essential.
            • BTEC/A-Level in IT/Computer Science nice to have but not essential.
            So it's really the lowest of the low when it comes to required skills. 2k a month for having next to zero skills and education sounds like a bloody great gig
            Good luck with your application

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

Good luck with your application

I doubt NLUK would get it, he has neither of the requirements.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

I doubt NLUK would get it, he has neither of the requirements.
                To be fair you are absolutely correct. The advert goes on to say...
                • Experience in IT Support or Desktop Support.
                • Strong work ethic.
                • Enthusiastic.
                • The drive for new learning.
                • Great customer service skills.
                • Strong Verbal and Written communication.
                So it appears I can't meet one single criteria for the role.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

To be fair you are absolutely correct. The advert goes on to say...
                  • Experience in IT Support or Desktop Support.
                  • Strong work ethic.
                  • Enthusiastic.
                  • The drive for new learning.
                  • Great customer service skills.
                  • Strong Verbal and Written communication.
                  So it appears I can't meet one single criteria for the role.
                  Strong Verbal and Written communication - is one you would pass.

Great customer service skills - would probably be the killer though. I suspect they would prefer someone to say Yes, instead of have you tried google.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Great customer service skills - would probably be the killer though. I suspect they would prefer someone to say Yes, instead of Have you asked your accountant.
                    FTFY

Comment

Strong Verbal and Written communication - is one you would pass.
                      I think they mean capable rather than confrontational

Comment

Working...
                      X