• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doing a search on Jobserve for my preferred roles, there was a 55% to 45% split in favor of the Outside IR35 ones. It seems that employers are finally getting the message that skilled contractors do not want to work Inside IR35.

Comment

Originally posted by DevUK View Post

I haven't followed this debate at all, I'm not really interested, but I'm calling out how cheap it is to accuse someone of [X]phobia these days. Accusations of 'ist' or 'phobic' are everywhere.
      -ist!
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by DevUK View Post

I haven't followed this debate at all, I'm not really interested, but I'm calling out how cheap it is to accuse someone of [X]phobia these days. Accusations of 'ist' or 'phobic' are everywhere.
        Yeah, what happened to just calling someone an idiot? Ah I miss the god old days.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by agentzero View Post

I see the misinformed village idiot xenophobe is unfortunately still with us.

Poland is a country in central Europe. Timezone is also central European time. Thought this dafty had a lifetime ban? About time he was out of here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poland
          eek is correct

Click image for larger version

Name:	800px-Europe-blocs-49-89x4.svg.png
Views:	620
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	4164750

Comment

The Cold War phoned and wants it's map back.

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
              The Cold War phoned and wants it's map back.

qh
              its

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenose View Post

Its a troll post but i will point out to lesser experienced readers of this post that said wide-boys have been eating dry porridge, water and driving ubers for almost two years waiting for the market to turn.
                Not sure why you think I'm trolling? I'm describing exactly how I'm finding the market at the moment along with several other people who do similar roles to me.

Conversely, December to March was absolutely dire.

This week the Economist reported that there is the start of a global boom in capex investment worldwide which will soon be a fifth higher than it was before the pandemic. A big chunk of this is surely going to find its way into technology spending so I think there is some evidence to suggest things will be picking up.

Comment

I think there are still growth prospects in

Cloud computing (partly driven by green initiatives, cloud provider are ESG focused)
                  AI and machine learning (these areas can lead to cost savings and new opportunities)
                  Dev Ops
                  Dispruptive FinTech (removing the old, expensive, slow ways)

I believe if you can align yourself with these trends, a slice of the $11 trillion that has been printed over the last 12 months globally might find it's way into your bank account.
                  First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

I am seeing a demand for PM's all of a sudden. This is good news for us Support guys as that means there will be Projects and then there will be demand for us

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                      I think there are still growth prospects in

Cloud computing (partly driven by green initiatives, cloud provider are ESG focused)
                      AI and machine learning (these areas can lead to cost savings and new opportunities)
                      Dev Ops
                      Dispruptive FinTech (removing the old, expensive, slow ways)

I believe if you can align yourself with these trends, a slice of the $11 trillion that has been printed over the last 12 months globally might find it's way into your bank account.
                      Data Engineering is another growth area. Moved into it from testing and I never looked back, even at hard times like the current one.

Comment

Working...
                      X