• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
    Why would you even bother? You’ll give most of what you have to your spouse. Sell what you have and gamble it then go on benefits.
    Unless you have kids, your spouse should learn to manage on your own.

if you get a 400pd you’d have to give half of net to your spouse anyway before paying bills so bankruptcy is on the horizon anyway...
    You are just postponing the moment and setting your spouse to a comfortable life that she would get used to and demand more of it. Not because she is morally entitled to but because the laws are made in this way.
    Agree. Sell what you have and with some luck you should be able to relocate abroad and avoid paying more than half of whatever you own to your spouse

Comment

another miserable, paranoid rant
      why dont you just give it up? your life obviously sucks. why try to poison other people's?
      tosser.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

why dont you just give it up? your life obviously sucks. why try to poison other people's?
        tosser.
        Because people fail to recognise the basic truth. You have to stir people up and make them revolt against the establisment to have change.

otherwise you’ll have the same generations of happy go lucky mindless corporate stooges that fail to understand basic concepts of this world works.

everyone wants to think they are doing well but everyone is in debt over their head with no assets. Most of the people are 3 paycheques away from living on the street but they buy themselves swanky mochas and have bourgeois alure of middle class.

55k is the poverty line in most of london boroughs or SE and unless you have more than 65k you won’t be able to go even close to home ownership in SE unless your parents are rich. 400pd is a joke even for an outside contract.

Frankly, I can’t see why more people revolt...

Comment

Frankly, I can’t see why more people revolt...
          Your great grandad probably earned like £20 a day, or less, in todays money.
          They didn't revolt back then.
          We all live like kings in comparison, even a couple on minimum wage can take home over £3000 a month after tax with a bit of weekend overtime.
          So i cant see why anyone would revolt now if they didn't back then.
          Last edited by Fraidycat; 7 May 2021, 19:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

Your great grandad probably earned like £20 a day, or less, in todays money.
            They didn't revolt back then.
            We all live like kings in comparison, even a couple on minimum wage can take home over £3000 a month after tax with a bit of weekend overtime.
            So i cant see why anyone would revolt now if they didn't back then.
            How good are you with figures? If I would point you to a plot of average house prices vs agerage income, do you think you could make sense of those squiggles?

Sure, now they can afford vibrators and microwaves thanks to automation and improvement in engineering. But if you correct that £25 for RPI for 70’ to today, you would have approximately £390 per day. I think you are confusing the kings...

Comment

By your great granddad i meant people living and working the in pre war period or even in the 50s and 60s and 70s.

Wages were so low that they used to spent as much as 75% of income on food. Rents and houses were cheap because people didn't have any money left over to bid up house prices.

Easy to forget that many people used to rent TVs and other household appliances. They couldn't afford to buy and there wasn't easy credit available.

House prices and rents were cheap because most people didn't have any free cash to get a deposit together.
              Last edited by Fraidycat; 7 May 2021, 22:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
                By your great granddad i meant people living and working the in pre war period or even in the 50s and 60s and 70s.

Wages were so low that they used to spent as much as 75% of income on food. Rents and houses were cheap because people didn't have any money left over to bid up house prices.

Easy to forget that many people used to rent TVs and other household appliances. They couldn't afford to buy and there wasn't easy credit available.

House prices and rents were cheap because most people didn't have any free cash to get a deposit together.
                They also weren’t reliable so it was safer to rent as repairs were included.

in turkey they’ve skipped the rent stage and it only exists as a means of allowing borrowing as Islam doesn’t allow interest to be charged
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

They also weren’t reliable so it was safer to rent as repairs were included.

in turkey they’ve skipped the rent stage and it only exists as a means of allowing borrowing as Islam doesn’t allow interest to be charged
                  I presume this was meant to feel better the new generation because standards have improved so well and we are doing things so much better. New builts 0 standards, grenfell cladding and structural assessments made through telepathy during covid period.

anyway... business forum has 665 pages and state of the market has 666 pages. Maybe it is a sign this forum needs a new life and not only the old faces full of disinformation and bots from whatever parties. But some actual information that would come useful to contractors on how to fight for themselves and how to price a contract and how to assess all the garbage clients out there...

Comment

I presume this was meant to feel better the new generation because standards have improved so well and we are doing things so much better. New builts 0 standards, grenfell cladding and structural assessments made through telepathy during covid period.

anyway... business forum has 665 pages and state of the market has 666 pages. Maybe it is a sign this forum needs a new life and not only the old faces full of disinformation and bots from whatever parties. But some actual information that would come useful to contractors on how to fight for themselves and how to price a contract and how to assess all the garbage clients out there...
                    In was actually talking about the renting of TVs and clearly didn't make myself clear.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                      Would be good if everyone could do their bit by stating their opposition to Inside IR35 work when people ring up about it. It all helps and it's all feedback that goes back to clients.
                      I am in a good outside ir35 role and still take calls to help inflate rates and do my bit.

Comment

Working...
                      X