• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bluenose View Post
    I never get asked for references and i never offer them.
    Depends on what industries the companies you are contracting with work in on whether they have to reference you. They don't reference people for fun.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post

Do you also get paid in bundles of £50 notes in unmarked brown envelopes, no contract, no invoice, no VAT, no guarantee ?
      Interesting proposition. Could you please expand on the role?

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenose View Post
        I never get asked for references and i never offer them.
        you are Derek Trotter AICMFP

Comment

market sucks, people dont ever bother replying now if you didn't get the contract

Comment

Contract market suddenly booming, right when I'm about to go permie. Agents have been messaging me on linkedIn for the last 2 days with different contract opportunities. They seem pretty desperate because when I say I'm off the market they ask if I can recommend anyone (which they hardly ever did before).

The roles they talked to me about are all for public sector clients, all outside ir35 and paying from 350 to 450 a day. Not too shabby to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
              Contract market suddenly booming, right when I'm about to go permie. Agents have been messaging me on linkedIn for the last 2 days with different contract opportunities. They seem pretty desperate because when I say I'm off the market they ask if I can recommend anyone (which they hardly ever did before).

The roles they talked to me about are all for public sector clients, all outside ir35 and paying from 350 to 450 a day. Not too shabby to be honest.
              ill believe when the money is in the bank

Comment

I've just put a couple of techie type roles in the Opportunities thread...outside too.
                Clarity is everything

Comment

I got sent this a few days (not sure why, i'm not a PM). Look at that day rate!

Agile Project Manager - AR /VR Mobile & Software Development Projects - 4 months contract - IMMEDIATE START - FULLY REMOTE

My client are in the midst of some state of the art Tech projects including AR /VR with some highly recognisable themes!

Essential experience;
                  • Project managed 2 x projects from start to end using Agile Methodology
                  • Project coordination skills
                  • Strong Verbal communicator
                  • Agile methodology
                  • JIRA
                  • Confidence to run meetings and communicate with different levels both technical and non-technical
                  Nice to haves;
                  • AR /VR projects experience
                  • Familiarity with Tech stack of Unity, JavaScript, Python, Flutter, iOS, Android
                  They want someone to start immediately on a fully remote basis.

Contract : 4 months +

Rate : £200-320/day all in MAX

If you are interested then please send your CV
                  Out of interest, I did ask if it was inside or outside IR35 from April - no response, but i suspect inside/umbrella, since the day rate says "all in MAX".

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                    I got sent this a few days (not sure why, i'm not a PM). Look at that day rate!

Out of interest, I did ask if it was inside or outside IR35 from April - no response, but i suspect inside/umbrella, since the day rate says "all in MAX".

They don't need to issue an SDS until just prior to the first payment for work done after April 5th - which could be July given how long some end clients take to pay...
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

They don't need to issue an SDS until just prior to the first payment for work done after April 5th - which could be July given how long some end clients take to pay...
                      Yeah, saw you post that in the other thread - it what alternate universe does that even make sense!

Comment

Working...
                      X