• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
    contracts? I thought we were talking about permanent jobs....well, I surely was.
    It must have been the forum title of ContractorUK and the sub-title of Business/Contracts that fooled me into thinking that you were a businessman.

Now you've made it clear you were a Permie, I understand everything..
    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
      It must have been the forum title of ContractorUK and the sub-title of Business/Contracts that fooled me into thinking that you were a businessman.

Now you've made it clear you were a Permie, I understand everything..
      You may want to pay more attention from now on, then.

Despite being called contractorUK, you'll find that in here there are just as many permies are there are contractors. It's also very varied...there are contractors who apply for permie roles and permies who apply for contracts.

It's not just black or white and you should learn to be more inclusive

Comment

It's not just black or white and you should learn to be more inclusive
        Nomadd isn't woke. He's an
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Despite being called contractorUK - {snip more Permie whining}
          As a long-term Permie failure, you should just gather the names of the contractors on this site who disagree with you and report them to your manager!
          nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Nomadd isn't woke. He's an
            Off!. My! Lawn!
            nomadd liked this post

Comment

Just signed off on a new contract with a previous client after being benched since March.

Been a struggle to get the contract tweaked, missed the first start date and went to the wire for the next (tomorrow). Sorted now anyway.

Good bunch of people to work with too. Local but 100% remote due to CV19.

Three months initially but will boost the company coffers nicely thank you.

Last edited by Dark Black; 17 November 2020, 17:11.
              Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
                Just signed off on a new contract with a previous client after being benched since March.

Been a struggle to get the contract tweaked, missed the first start date and went to the wire for the next (tomorrow). Sorted now anyway.

Good bunch of people to work with too. Local but 100% remote anyway due to CV19.

Comment

nomadd liked this post

Comment

I am very happy for you.
                    What a relief you have now. I have been there. Congratulations!

Comment

Signed contract today, start date moved back as waiting for laptop to be shipped to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X