• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On top of a couple of the big Scottish banks not reversing their stance to allow engagement of PSCs until the legislation in the interim period, I hear there's now enforced rate cuts coming for contractors. Talk about giving them a kicking when they're down.

Comment

Originally posted by ascender View Post
      On top of a couple of the big Scottish banks not reversing their stance to allow engagement of PSCs until the legislation in the interim period, I hear there's now enforced rate cuts coming for contractors. Talk about giving them a kicking when they're down.
      If you are working at a bank and are kot half expecting a rate cut you want your head examining. Gotta say I'm very surprised they haven't screwed their contractors in rates already what with the work from home and lack of choice out there.

Rate cuts have been the norm for a very long time. This list is long and still doesn't capture them all.

http://www.egos.co.uk/contract-breakers.htm
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

market defo heating up, im even gonna do a 2 hr tech test for contract

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          If you are working at a bank and are kot half expecting a rate cut you want your head examining. Gotta say I'm very surprised they haven't screwed their contractors in rates already what with the work from home and lack of choice out there.

Rate cuts have been the norm for a very long time. This list is long and still doesn't capture them all.

http://www.egos.co.uk/contract-breakers.htm
          And you would think why? The banks being one of the very few that are doing extremely well in this pandemic. Actually they must be doing better than before it. Greedy fecks.

Comment

Originally posted by win10 View Post
            And you would think why?
            Because they watch they costs, because they can, and because they have multiple episodes of past form doing exactly that.

Which is why I don't work for banks.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by founder View Post
              market defo heating up, im even gonna do a 2 hr tech test for contract
              Your market is heating up.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

what is yours?

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Because they watch they costs, because they can, and because they have multiple episodes of past form doing exactly that.

Which is why I don't work for banks.
                  And this is probably wise. I dont either.
                  I guess in perfect world no contractor would and they will not be so cheeky.

Comment

Originally posted by founder View Post
                    what is yours?
                    A large gin and tonic please

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by win10 View Post
                      And this is probably wise. I dont either.
                      I guess in perfect world no contractor would and they will not be so cheeky.
                      Throughout my career I've worked in banking both as permie and as a contractor and I can't really say I enjoyed my time in such industry, but personally I found it so difficult to move away from it.

Even when I swore to myself I'd never work in banks again, I found a hard wall when applying for jobs in other sectors and ended up just moving from bank to bank.

I don't know why but other industries don't always see banking positively; most of the times I get the feeling they don't want to touch us with a 10 foot pole. Or maybe it's just me.

Comment

Working...
                      X