• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    So the typical build as cheap as you can and cut costs because the tourists won't know until it's too late and most won't ever find out anyway game?

When I retire I really will be heading towards Italy and Marche or Abruzzi.
    Exactly. We are quite off topic, but most people buy during Semana Santa or July/August.

*Sorry Semana Santa = Easter

Comment

as usual with the willie wavers

Comment

Originally posted by sira View Post
        Question: accepted a permie job offer 12 days ago (as you know, interviewing for contracts in tandem). They were supposed to send the contract last week. I spoke to HR yesterday and they said "We have raised it with the relevant team. Were waiting for them to issue it, but we will chase it up and hopefully you should have it by tomorrow".

Commeth today, I still dont have the contract. Is it normal for it to take this long? Starting to get a bit uneasy as I've never waited more than 3 days for a contract. Just to add, the start date has been set and confirmed by the hiring manager & HR.
        Speak of the devil, the Permie contract just came through. If I sign it, but then get offered one of the contract gigs I'm interviewing for - will the permie company be able to do anything? I know legally they can sue, but to my knowledge its extremely rare.

Comment

Speak of the devil, the Permie contract just came through. If I sign it, but then get offered one of the contract gigs I'm interviewing for - will the permie company be able to do anything? I know legally they can sue, but to my knowledge its extremely rare.
          Email, recorded delivery or standard post?

If standard post, well, you've not received it yet...

Comment

Whats the notice period during probation?
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

If you are uneasy about the contract like you say and have a permit contract in hand, I would sign ASAP in the current Market. Or WFH them both

Comment

Originally posted by perplexed View Post
                Email, recorded delivery or standard post?

If standard post, well, you've not received it yet...
                Whats the notice period during probation?
                Was sent by email. 6 months probation and a 3 month notice period. The notice period is a bit of a spanner...

Comment

Was sent by email. 6 months probation and a 3 month notice period. The notice period is a bit of a spanner...
                  3 months from day one most permie contracts I've seen are 1 week first month, 1 month - months 2-6, 3 months - when perm.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Bilateral?

Comment

3 months from day one most permie contracts I've seen are 1 week first month, 1 month - months 2-6, 3 months - when perm.
                      Ah sorry, slight misunderstanding. Just read it in detail - it says within the 6 month probation period, I can quit at 1 weeks notice. Happy days Been a while since I've been perm, totally forgotten these things!

Comment

Working...
                      X