• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Oh it won't be clear cut - you will have a whole pile of assets and the liquidator will questions to ask about a clearly very badly run Personal Service Company - the liquidator will have a field day with you..
    Company was fine until the government wrecked it. Assets belong to the missus, honest. We're in Spain btw and you're not part of the EU anymore. I just don't see it happening. They can't make you sell your family home.

You had a pop on the other thread before the mods shut it down. Don't ruin this one as well.

Comment

Originally posted by oliverson View Post
      Company was fine until the government wrecked it. Assets belong to the missus, honest. We're in Spain btw and you're not part of the EU anymore. I just don't see it happening. They can't make you sell your family home.

You had a pop on the other thread before the mods shut it down. Don't ruin this one as well.
      So let me get this straight - from April to December 2020 you will have pulled £54k out of your company (based on £18k Corporation tax from 2019/20, £6k in VAT and £30k from a bounce back loan) all of which your company can't pay back while sat in Spain?
      Last edited by eek; 15 September 2020, 14:10.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I ve seen time and again property companys stripped and directors walking away - HMRC are simply too busy and the penalties they impose if caught are trivial - This means its a risk worth spinning the dice on

If I was you I would book the director loan as a salary and simply wait to get struck off

If I had a no assets LTD that had some cashflow I would have maxed out the BBL and then simply waited for it to fold by taking salaries. Its that simple

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
          Dude, ask for the rates now.

The airport is fantastic. The airline industry is not.

I am half Spanish and from the region.

I was the CIO of a major tech company's Spanish division.

You are delusional if you think you are going to get passed the 'enchufe' in the Malaga tech arena at the moment, it's as bad as it was 30 years ago..

Can you speak Spanish?
          Are you under 35?
          Who do you know?
          Do you know what enchufe is?
          Are you aware of the jams crossing to Gibraltar? How will they be post Brexit?
          Are you aware how much the ******* toll road costs?

Good luck.
          I have no idea what you're talking about. Anybody who opens up with 'Dude' gets no respect from me!

I'm sure I mentioned earlier I had an offer to join a company over there. Perhaps you didn't read it (or didn't want to believe it). Let's just say having over a decade writing code in London investment banks and financial institutions, along with other blue chips outside London, affords me some credibility. Gib wouldn't be top of my shopping list for the reasons you mention. There's a number of London companies who have their development teams in the Malaga area. Language isn't really an issue in such setups. With those companies I'm perfectly positioned to service both locations. You probably also missed the other post where I said I don't actually 'need' to work.

Comment

So let me get this straight - from April to December 2020 you will have pulled £54k out of your company (based on £18k Corporation tax from 2019/20, £6k in VAT and £30k from a bounce back loan all of which your company can't pay back)?
            see my response to your threads above. This is 'State of the Market' and doesn't need shutting down because of your envy.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonPM1 View Post
              I ve seen time and again property companys stripped and directors walking away - HMRC are simply too busy and the penalties they impose if caught are trivial - This means its a risk worth spinning the dice on

If I was you I would book the director loan as a salary and simply wait to get struck off

If I had a no assets LTD that had some cashflow I would have maxed out the BBL and then simply waited for it to fold by taking salaries. Its that simple
              Thanks for the advice.

I did think why the hell didn't I max out the BBL. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Comment

I have no idea what you're talking about. Anybody who opens up with 'Dude' gets no respect from me!
                Exactly my point. If you don't know what enchufe is you are in for a wake up call.

You really really will fit in when the locals call you uncle, if you can't handle dude. I would have called you something else, but this is the professional forum.

Comment

see my response to your threads above. This is 'State of the Market' and doesn't need shutting down because of your envy.
                  Envy wouldn't be the right word - annoyance, at what, given you are in sat in Spain could be classified as fraud, would be a rather better choice of word.

Comment

Envy wouldn't be the right word - annoyance at what given you are in sat in Spain could be classified as fraud would be a rather better choice of word.
                    I'll post some pictures of me eating tapas and drinking beer. Don't worry. Ronnie Biggs natural successor.

Comment

I'll post some pictures of me eating tapas and drinking beer. Don't worry. Ronnie Bigs natural successor.
                      Given the number of criminals in Spain, you will fit right in...

Comment

Working...
                      X