• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just off the phone from a friendly contact agent

3 years ago they had 1500 open/pipeline PM/BA roles open 1st week in Jan

2 years ago they had 1100

Last year they had 280

This year he has 11 BA roles (all super technical ones) and zero PM roles (also zero scum masters and test managers)

Also interesting he says a couple of his big banking clients have pre-warned then about upcoming rate culls of up to 20% before April

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
      This year he has 11 BA roles (all super technical ones) and zero PM roles (also zero scum masters and test managers)
      You could argue the wishy washy permietractor roles are dead.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
        I think this is spot on. I've only noticed a small drop in market activity in my field, but not massively so. I'm not particularly worried.
        If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Also interesting he says a couple of his big banking clients have pre-warned then about upcoming rate culls of up to 20% before April
          And there is something we've completely forgotten to take in to account!!! We've spent ages moaning about the banks pushing everyone through PAYE or whatever and totally failed to mention their yearly contractor and rate culls.

Very good point.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

1 for Tarbera depending on your current base as it's inside

Luke Thornborrow on LinkedIn: Programme Manager - GBP800pd maximum - Inside IR35 - Glasgow - 6 Month
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              And there is something we've completely forgotten to take in to account!!! We've spent ages moaning about the banks pushing everyone through PAYE or whatever and totally failed to mention their yearly contractor and rate culls.

Very good point.
              Between a 20% budget cut and a 30% decrease from going inside IR35, take home pay is going to drop 50%...
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                £800 p/d is a pretty good rate for Glasgow, even if Inside IR35.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                  No argument from me, 20 good years before we were rumbled and replaced by same cost Indians

Comment

Just off the phone from a friendly contact agent

3 years ago they had 1500 open/pipeline PM/BA roles open 1st week in Jan

2 years ago they had 1100

Last year they had 280

Perhaps firms running scrum and kanban methodologies realise that you don't need project managers and there's an increase in scrum masters and product owners.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                      Why don't you understand my post?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
                      Your logic is as follows:

I've never worked at a client that uses cloud tech therefore all new gigs advertising cloud tech being used are bogus.

It's almost like you've got Wilmslow as a ghostwriter.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X