• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
    Really? One fifth of the rate? Or did you mean 20% off usual rate?
    Considering usual rate of £1000pd dropping it to £200pd, while paying £20pd for to the offshroe resource isn't unfeasible.

This thread is really gloomy. current gig runs until end of November with the project being funded until end of the year, so not much hope of further extensions. Guess it will be a long x-mas break for me.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
      Says plenty of jobs for Java / micro services/ AWS guys (but nobody available) zero jobs for PM, scrum bollocks, general BA’s or everything else, he is thinking of changing career after 20 years as he has nothing to fill no commission coming in for months.
      I can confirm that the market for Java devs with up to date technologies is going really well in London with quite good rates.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
        Really? One fifth of the rate? Or did you mean 20% off usual rate?
        20% of the usual rate

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

To add some cheer, had a couple of interviews at the start of August which came to nothing and then didn't secure any other interviews until this month. Have had an offer over the last 24 hours. It's taken numerous applications, follow ups and 4 interviews to get something.

It's a tough market out there but there are roles.

Comment

Well it's certainly a buyers market at the moment... having to entertain some bargain basement stuff to get involved!
            ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

All the leads from last week seem to be evaporating away but I did get a phone call from a former client that there might be some work coming up for me.

Comment

Another week of lie ins and scraping the barrel - good morning all!
                ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                  Another week of lie ins and scraping the barrel - good morning all!
                  Stay positive and carry on, it's a really stagnant market out there.

Comment

Probably as bad as I have seen it. Reaching 08-09 levels.

Comment

What market are you all in if you don’t mind me asking?, I’m in architecture and although there are rolls out there, responses are pretty much nonexistent..

Comment

Working...
                      X